Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I made this rack some time ago...

I've just been strapping down all my gear(sleeping bag, clothes bag, etc) and it's annoying to say the least. I'd like some sort of bag that I can strap down to the rack and leave in the Jeep so I can just throw all my gear inside it and zip it shut. The footprint is about 26"X43". I've looked at a lot of the rooftop style cargo bags and most are either too big or they load from the top which wouldn't work for this.
Does anyone have a lead on something that might work?

·
Registered
545 Posts
A quick search for cargo bags on amazon show a great selection. If you want something exact a upholstery shop or boat top business could fix you up with something custom built.

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Premium Member
980 Posts
You might look at athletic gear bags. Hockey bags get about that size I think.

Reactions: johncanfield

·
3,491 Posts
You might look at athletic gear bags. Hockey bags get about that size I think.

Hockey bag is what I immediately thought of when I saw the rack

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
A buddy went to a local upholstery shop and had one very similar to what you want custom made exactly how he wanted it.

Another buddy in the crime scene clean up business uses body bags. He gets them cheap and doesn't care if they only last a few trips.

- DAA

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the suggestions, body bags, LOL.
I ended up contacting a custom bag maker and I'll see what they say. Something like what I want might be very expensive.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ended up contacting a custom bag maker and I'll see what they say.

So that was a dead end, I got a reply of "I can't do that".
Still searching for a place that makes custom bags.

·
Premium Member
980 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just an update.
I ended up having a custom made bag to fit my rack...

...it lashes to the rack so I no longer have to mess with ratchet strapping down multiple items. All my sleep stuff and clothing easily fit inside...

Hand made in Colorado...

All the stitching looks fantastic and under $300 for a hand made in the USA bag I thought was reasonable.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Just an update.
I ended up having a custom made bag to fit my rack...

...it lashes to the rack so I no longer have to mess with ratchet strapping down multiple items. All my sleep stuff and clothing easily fit inside...

Hand made in Colorado...

All the stitching looks fantastic and under $300 for a hand made in the USA bag I thought was reasonable.
That looks really nice!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts