Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently become a volunteer for the Red Cross. It is in the works that we may use my Jeep as a special event vehicle, to draw crowds, raise donations and such. Nothing has been approved yet and I am just looking into some stuff. If it happens the Jeep, which is red, will have white lettering on it. I am thinking about changing the stock silver decals to white to match. Wheels are next on my list, as I need new ones anyway. I came across the stockton wheel website. I think the smoothie wheel in white would look awesome on the Jeep. Anyone running these? How do you like them? Anyone know the cost of them? I will post up a pic of my Jeep soon so I can get opinions.

www.stocktonwheel.com/4wd_offroad.htm

·
Premium Member
3,356 Posts
I ordered a set of custom wheels from Stockton Wheel back in 2008 and had a horrible experience with those guys. I was so upset by the end of the ordeal I canceled my wheels the day they finished them after a 5 month wait. :-x My Jeep guy wasn't too happy with them either as my heep took up a lift for 6 weeks.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bbusch said:
I ordered a set of custom wheels from Stockton Wheel back in 2008 and had a horrible experience with those guys. I was so upset by the end of the ordeal I canceled my wheels the day they finished them after a 5 month wait. :-x My Jeep guy wasn't too happy with them either as my heep took up a lift for 6 weeks.

Haha good to know thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,138 Posts
Stockton wheel makes some good wheels and modifies them well (run true, balance fine, etc...) but the customer service can be lacking. We had both a good experience on one order (wheel widening) and a terrible experience on the other (custom wheels). It was resolved after about 3 months - 1st claiming they didn't get the order even though we were charged, then shipping out the incorrect size...

I don't know if they are still around but Bart Wheels has some nice stuff with good service.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
if the Jeep is going to be used for "show", i would thing a well pained set of aluminum wheels might be a better choice? Perhaps you could have the entire wheel painted white and then have a red cross painted dead center? Just thoughts.

Or maybe do a set of steelies and then have a set of custom beadlock rings made with the red cross cut into the clamp ring?

Maybe you culd try getting an alloy beadlock company to sponser a set of wheels 8)

·
Premium Member
3,356 Posts
Outlaw Offroad is where I ended up getting my wheels built. Good customer service and they actually knew where they were in the process and how long it would be before they finished. Stockton Wheel and Outlaw Offroad were the only two companies I could find that could even do the job.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts