Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My stock Rubi is in need of new tires. It has stock tires, 225/75/17 and the stock rims. I have added Warne bumpers front and rear, along with a Warne winch.

I do not want to add a lift, new tires or spacers now. This is my daily driver for now. I plan to add a truck in a couple years and keep the Rubicon for fun. I am considering 225/85/17s, so slightly taller, but the same width.

I use the Rubicon for daily driver and at the deer lease. I cross streams and climb some steep mountain rock trails.

Any recommendations for tires on a stock Rubicon and rims?

Attachments

·
Administrator
10,689 Posts
I've had good luck with Goodyear M/T Kevlar - it has good street manners and fairly good off road performance. I've run All Terrain TA KO2 on the old Jeep Liberty we had and I use those on my truck. Falken is popular as well as Nittos (I have Trail Grapplers on my Rubi.)

·
Registered
771 Posts
Your tire sizes are wrong.

255/75-17s are stock.

Same width but taller are 255/80-17s are marginally taller

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your tire sizes are wrong.

255/75-17s are stock.

Same width but taller are 255/80-17s are marginally taller
No, you read to fast. I said I have stock 255/75/17s. I was asking about 255/85/17 (not 255/80/17) and wondering if any had run them on a stock Rubicon and stock rims.

·
Registered
771 Posts
No, you read to fast. I said I have stock 255/75/17s. I was asking about 255/85/17 (not 255/80/17) and wondering if any had run them on a stock Rubicon and stock rims.
Go back and read your first post, read it slow or fast it doesn't matter it reads the same. You wrote the wrong size in the body which I would dismiss as a typo, but then you used it in the calculator so I didn't think it was a typo at that point but that what you think...so go back and read it

What 255/85-17 tire do you plan to use? I know of none, 255/80-17 is the closest as I pointed out.

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
The BFG 34x10:50x17 fits fine on stock suspension. It will just barely rub when the sway is disconnected. On the highway they are super. Wear extremely well. Very quite and balance well. This may be a harsh statement and it could be just me, but first time I got in rocks I lost the right front tire to a cut side wall. Never ever once cut a sidewall on my GY MTR's on my LJ.
I just did a lift on the JKUR so I went with Wildpeak 35" tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts