Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I'm direct deposit on SSDI and have not seen a penney, nor my 88 y/o mom on social security.
I used the the IRS's new tool and they said they could not determine eligibility.
I may have to grill one of my dogs, nevermind that won't work, I'm on a plant based diet, and I cut the grass yesterday so I guess I'll have to go get grass from a neighbor's yard. :)

·
3,389 Posts
That's right John. Although I won't return the money, I would have preferred not to get it. All it does is increase our country's debt. But, it is sent to us to spend, to help the economy, so with that in mind please post up what you will buy with it.

It also seems that some folks are upset that the printed checks will have the President's signature on them. Calling them "Trumpbux" is also not well received by some people.

·
Administrator
10,695 Posts
.....It also seems that some folks are upset that the printed checks will have the President's signature on them. Calling them "Trumpbux" is also not well received by some people.
That's too funny. I should write on my paper money Trump lives here with an arrow pointing to the White House 🤠.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I'll have to ask dear wife if ours was deposited. Don't forget this is your money and not a 'gift' coming home to roost.
Yep, our money!
That's right John. Although I won't return the money, I would have preferred not to get it. All it does is increase our country's debt. But, it is sent to us to spend, to help the economy, so with that in mind please post up what you will buy with it.

It also seems that some folks are upset that the printed checks will have the President's signature on them. Calling them "Trumpbux" is also not well received by some people.
I think I will buy some bright yellow paint for the house, and begin a ramp to the front door which I should build now while I can.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
But, it is sent to us to spend, to help the economy, so with that in mind please post up what you will buy with it.
I may also purchase a couple pair of new cycling bibs, my old ones are starting to show flesh, and my fingers are starting to punch holes in the material.

·
Registered
2005 Rubicon LJ
30 Posts
We received ours on the 14th via direct deposit. I promptly moved it to our savings account. I requested forbearance with my mortgage company do to my wife being furloughed. I'll use it towards the mortgage once all this crap ends.

·
Administrator
15,107 Posts
Maybe those that have filed this year are on the top of the list. Hell, I filed, got my refund and it was almost all spent by the end of January!
What's a refund....?

·
Registered
598 Posts
I don't want it either. I guess I'm not understanding the reasoning behind this. I thought folks out of work/income suddenly reduced getting these.
And guess what. Every person paying taxes will pay it back.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts