Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone constructed a sub enclosure to mount behind the drivers seat? I want somthing that will create a 'false floor', and provide the downfiring for 2 8" subs... JL Audio 8w3s or something.

Ideas? I'm sure any TJ would have the same construction.

Thanks

Billy

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think that you will not have enough space for 2 8's after you install an amp to go with it. In messuring the spce behind my seats it seams that there would only be room for one 8 on one side and then the amp on the other side. especially after the wood or fiberglass for the box. However, I have heard that down firing boxes are the best wat to go in a jeep..

Should have just gotten the 7 speaker sound sytem then you would have a sub. A ****** one but a sub none the less :lol: :*******: :beercheers:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Beware of anything at floor level!!!! I ruined a nice amp going through deep water......

I put the sub in the same place DC puts the sub with the 7" speaker system upgrade, You can find amps small enough to mount nice and high up under the dash on the drivers side, pretty much room up under there believe it or not.

An 8" Sub mounts really nice in that center con. Mine is single voice coil, but I am entertaining a meaner dual voice coil as an upgrade. I just went speaker level to the amp and got one of those tri-mode passive x-overs. That allow me to drive the sub bridged and the sats stereo off the one amp and replaced the speakers in the pods and the dash with infinity's, the difference is amazing. for the pods go with 6.5"'s and surface mount them in the stock pod speaker locations.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Subwoofer....

Thanks for the advice...

:beergulp:

Under the seat seems to be the best place for the stuff... I don't like anything under the dash... scares me. I tried to put my power inverter like Mark (sheltonnet.net) , but moved it promptly. I mounted it to a board.. on the hump under my seat. The benefit being... that I will get my a$$ burned instead of my entire electrical system. At least, under the seat.. I will have enough time to grab the fire extinguisher...

The Amp, however... I would mount under there...

Next item... I like the idea of using the arm rest console. Does yours vibrate? Did you use any soundproofing? Dynamat? Foam?

I also like being able to stick my entire ARM in there, however. :)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm installing a 10" sub in the back seat. Just hollow out the lower part of the seat cut out the cross bars. I'm using wood fiberglass and an eclipse sub (only.85 cubic ft.) I'll post pics when done

1 - 5 of 5 Posts