Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have installed a Daystar 1 inch BL and a MML.. Was wondering if someone made a bracket to decrease the angle of the steering shaft?? If so or if ya made your own any pics would be great and where ya got em and how much ect....
Thanx Chaz

G

·
0 Posts
I believe that MORE is the only one that has the additional parts to raise the steering shaft mount. You could get a hold of them and ask how much just for those parts. I have had my 1 1/4" JKS lift in for over 6 months with no problems. 1" doesn't change the position or angle by very much. I have heard that it is a PITA to get the mount off and the bracket in, but I haven't tried it myself.

Ron

·
Registered
454 Posts
I've actually been looking at doing this. I don't see how hard it would be to put a 1" spacer in. It doesn't need heavy steel or anything so it would be pretty simple to make up the bracket yourself. The bolts that currently hold down the steering shaft are pretty accessable so there shouldn't be any problems there.

G

·
0 Posts
MORE will sell it but only in a kit which also includes the parts to adjust the radiator, transfer case linkage, and the new mounts under the grill. I believe they sell it for around 25 bucks.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
E-Mailwd M.O.R.E. and they said they carry no such part??!! :( If anyone else would like to chime in that would be great.. Thanx for the replys tho guys :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts