Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody get me sone feedback on how a 1.75" to 2" spring spacer lift handles on the road coupled with a 1" BL ? Is there any problem disconnnecting the swaybar 4-wheelin? I have seen a few posts where guys don't disconnect after this lift? I will be running the stock MT/R's untill they wear out to fit 33's underneath. :?: :?: :D

·
Registered
333 Posts
Diego welcome to the board.. I have that exact setup and it rides just like it did when it was stock. I do disconnect when wheeling. The only problem I had was after the body lift is the shifter would bind up in the lower gears (2 4 and r). So I installed Medics skid and it works good. I went with rancho 9000x's shox and the ride is alot smoother than stock!!! Go for it you wont be disappointed!!

Good Luck
Chaz

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
The reason the shifter binds is that it hits the back part of the boot/shifter opening due to the bend in the shifter being located further back, coupled with a fairly thick shifter boot, after the body lift.

I moved both consoles back about 1/4" by drilling a few new holes in the plastic and the metal tab in the shifter opening and have had no problems since.

I'm guessing you could also replace the shifter boot as an option with something thinner, like leather, and it would shift better too.

If you decide to go with a new transfer case skid right away, then like NoLight stated, you won't need to do any of these mod's.

Also, not sure about automatic issues.

Have a great day!

Ken

G

·
0 Posts
I have wheeled mine like this for some time.. On road seems great even with 35's, offroad with 33's it ran great too..

The two done together is only a couple of hundred bucks (I used Rancho 5000's to save some money) and a good days work.

I used the Daystar 1" body lift, the install seemed straght forward, I have found no bad attributes to the setup at all really.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I have this setup on the Rubi right now. In fact NoLight and I are almost Identical. I have the 1.25 BL and 1" MML and the daystar 1.75 spacers. Plenty of room to disconnect with the stock 31 MTRs, I am waiting for those to wear out to upgrade to the 33's. I run the Doetch Tech shox upside down so I do not have any clearance problems there. The ride is great, but I have never owned Ranchos so I cant compare. I do reccommend the DT shox, at $140 for all four you cant beat the ride.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I notice a few of you guys also have MM lifts, is this needed? I was going with 2" spring spacers and 1" body lift.

Any additional info will be helpful. I am hoping to do this this weekend and want to buy the right parts & hopefully do it right the first time.

Mine has an auto tranny.

Thanks,
Roger

·
Registered
185 Posts
MML is not necessary, but it helps maintain proper drive-line angles while at the same time resolving the minor fan shroud and linkage issues that come with the body lift. If you do the BL and MML at the same time you should not have to make any changes to your linkages or your fan shroud location. (You will have to loosen the fan shroud during installation, but it can go back in the original holes when completed)

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Diego_Dog said:
I notice a few of you guys also have MM lifts, is this needed? I was going with 2" spring spacers and 1" body lift.

Any additional info will be helpful. I am hoping to do this this weekend and want to buy the right parts & hopefully do it right the first time.

Mine has an auto tranny.

Thanks,
Roger
For a 2" BB you would not need a MML but if you did want to put on a Medic belly skid you would need one. That is the only reason that I did. Driveline vibes will not be an issue (90%) with only a BB.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts