Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a little trouble understanding what the proper gap for plugs should be. :?:

The sticker under the hood says .035 whether Champion or NGK.

The FSM says .040 for NGK - doesn't mention the Champion at all.
That's OK since I have NGK.

My question is what is the proper gap? I checked mine and they are between .035 and .040. So I assume they were .035 at the factory and burned off a little. A couple of them were at .040.

Anyone know what they should be?

TIA

Cal

·
Registered
384 Posts
The FSM say's NGK's at 1.0MM or 0.040 in.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NGk are good plugs, used them on dirt bikes for years. but the next time go with the Splitfire plugs. adds a seat of the pants increase in low end. especilly if your running a high flow filter/exhaust. they also last for ever. well worth the extra money. never buy Champion!

·
Registered
188 Posts
A lot of guys from Q-tech forum like the Champion Truck Plugs for TJ's. The Bosch 4+ plugs have been know to fail on TJ's they say.... Who knows, I always used to like NGK, but you don't see them around much anymore.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
champion only

thats the factory plug ,use them, ive way too many issues with non champion plugs,esp bosch! by the way,champion owns the patent on the design of plugs, so one part of a plug is made by champion anyway, cant remember which part, but everyone gets it from them

·
Registered
478 Posts
Stay with the OE champions. I've seen lots of driveability problems because of jobber spark plugs, wires, caps and rotors. Plugs make a huge difference the ignition system, it is designed for a certain type of plug and the computer expects to see a certain amount of resistence in the ignition system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts