Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a little over 25, 000 on my 05 Rubicon Sahara now. I am going to change the plugs when the weather gets better.
I have two sets of plugs. I bought a set of plugs recently, and this morning I found a set I don't remember buying. By the amount of dust on the latter set, I have had them for awhile.
Anyway, I have set of Bosch Platinum 4308 FGR8LDPO, and a set of NGK 2756 BKR6E-11.
I have read reviews on these plugs and reviewers say both sets work great
I don't put a lot of weight in reviews, so here I am asking which of these do you all suggest I use.

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
I’m using Autolite XP985. Really don’t know if they are better than what you show or not.
only been in there for about 10k miles. Using them because I think they will last longer withthe extra heat from the turbo.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m using Autolite XP985. Really don’t know if they are better than what you show or not.
only been in there for about 10k miles. Using them because I think they will last longer withthe extra heat from the turbo.
Gotcha on the Turbo Heat.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just checked my records. Using NGK #3459 ZFR5N.
Thanks, after seeing your NGK number, I checked the ones I have. They were not for the Jeep but for an old motorcycle I sold, so all I have are the Bosch plugs, this simplifies things. LOL
Man, this new forum saw is slower than me.

·
1,320 Posts
I have always stayed with NGK. I’m not a big tech freak, but does anyone know why one is preferable over the other beside past experience?

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have always stayed with NGK. I’m not a big tech freak, but does anyone know why one is preferable over the other beside past experience?
No idea, apart from it's what people like. These platinum Bosch seem to be working fine for me. I've never used Bosch before. I've always used AC, Champion, Auto Lite, and NGK plugs in my engines over the years.

·
3,361 Posts
From experience, learning from others, years (too many years) on ROF, and from advice from a mechanic (Damon) who use to be on here under DoctroD and who is perhaps the smartest mechanic I have ever known in my life.... The 4.0 seems to prefer simple. The VPower, regular old NGKs provide good longevity, a perfect heat range, and ample spark to work well with the 4.0L ignition system. It is not to say that they are the only spark plug that will work, but they do work well and are cheap usually. Oddly enough, in my past readings, those that generally had spark plug issues were running the Bosch or an other platinum type plug.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
From experience, learning from others, years (too many years) on ROF, and from advice from a mechanic (Damon) who use to be on here under DoctroD and who is perhaps the smartest mechanic I have ever known in my life.... The 4.0 seems to prefer simple. The VPower, regular old NGKs provide good longevity, a perfect heat range, and ample spark to work well with the 4.0L ignition system. It is not to say that they are the only spark plug that will work, but they do work well and are cheap usually. Oddly enough, in my past readings, those that generally had spark plug issues were running the Bosch or an other platinum type plug.
I suppose I'll find out after I run the Bosch for awhile, so far they are fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts