Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of Tomken 1.5" spacers that I previously used on my '99 Sport and I'd now like to use them on my Rubi. I believe all the spring dimensions are the same so I'm hoping they'll fit with no problem. Can someone verify that they'll fit?

I'm going to create my own bump stop spacers. Before I do the teardown/install I need to know what length and thread pattern I'll need for the longer bolts. Anyone know what the specs are on the originals?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Yes they will fit just fine. Dimensions are the same.

Cheers

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, they'll fit fine. I'm running 1.75'' in the front and 1.5'' in the back. I ordered spacers for a 97-2001 TJ.

·
Registered
561 Posts
yes mine were ORGS spacers on a 97 se in a previous life:D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Newbi question, I'm thinkin of getting 1.5"-2.0" coil spacers, can you guy's recommend one's you like. Also, how hard are they to install? Do I need bump stops if I disconnect the Sway bar?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
My product of choice is the Rubicon express.

They are very easy to install and no you should not need bumpstops.

http://www.rubiconexpress.com

·
Registered
384 Posts
As far as the bolt size they are 10mm. When I put my spacer lift on my rear tires were hitting the body hard, I added 2 in bumb stomps in the rear, now that i have the BL on I am going to reduce them to 1 inch, as far as the front i have not needed them extended at all...Jerry

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have 1.75 Daystars on mine and I run 33's and am not even close to a rub. They will be fine for you. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts