Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How big of tires can you put on a rubi with only coil spacers? Which spacers provide the biggest amount of lift?[/b]

G

·
0 Posts
2" spacers with a 1" bodylift rides well on the street with 35's, but quite a bit of stuff'n on the trail. I would think 33's would be no prob, especialy with a 1" bodylift.

G

·
0 Posts
I'm runnin' 33x12.50s with nothing but a 1.75 inch BDS spacer lift. It's fine, even disco'd. I very occasionally catch a flare with the wheels turned full lock, and with the front completely flexed out. Other than that it's completely smooth sailin'...

·
Registered
454 Posts
You have to make sure that even if you aren't getting any rub on the outer part of the flare that you aren't rubbing the inner lip. If you put you hand up inside the flare you will feel the lip I am referring to. If you don't have enough lift and your bumpstops aren't set properly, you will bend the metal of your fenders.

Make sure that if you install a spacer lift that you extend your bumpstops. Those spacers will cause spring overcompression and eventually spring sag.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts