Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone - first post in a topic area. I just took possession of my new (to me) '17 and installed in the Jeep by the PO is a Sony XAV-AX100 head unit. Doing a bit of research, it looks like there are two things of interest to me:

1. Backup camera - Does the manual trans have a switch that can be utilized for sensing reverse (other than the backup lights)? If not, I'm assuming I can trigger the camera function on the head unit off the reverse lights. I know in previous vehicles there are separate leads used to trigger optional backup cameras, but AFAIK, Jeep has never offered one in a JK, right?

2. Car Data integration - This Sony unit supports displaying and interacting with car data such as HVAC, outside temp, compass, and other data via Axxess integration. Does anyone know if the Jeep system shares this data on a bus that the Axxess system can read?

Thanks,

Brent

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of interface does the radio have to pick up that data - an ODBII plug?
Honestly, I'm not entirely sure, but the promo materials for the Sony XAV series shows them displaying vehicle data on the touch screen such as you'd see on the factory radio touch screen. Things such as the compass heading, outside temp, vehicle status, HVAC controls, etc. Apparently done with components from Axxess Integration.

https://axxessinterfaces.com/products?Year=2017&Make=Jeep&Model=Wrangler&TrimOption[]=Color%20screen

Oh, and I just realized, the HU is not the XAV-AX100 - I think it might actually be the XAV-AX210SXM because it has Sirius and a CD player.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts