1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like when you are the First Rubicon owner
to need a
NEW ENGINE

So after a good sat of wheeling, then a good monday of cleaning the heck out of the jeep, repairing the dented fender and flare, and doing everything in the 12k maintenance except for changing the diffs and doing a whole boatload of rattle can spray painting the underside

I found out today that the reason they are unable to fix the Oil leak I have had for a good while now is because the engine block has an imperfection where it mates with the bell housing. [rear main area]

The head of the service dept suggested that instead of trying to fix what was there because it most likely would be unsuccessful, that we replace the engine. He was quick to say that there was no way that I could have caused this. It must have come from the factory like this. He has seen this only 3 other times and in all cases, a new engine block was the only thing that worked

I took off the front bumper, and nearly broke my back carrying the winch and winch plate back into the basement.
My Jeep is so tall that they can only do the swap by taking off the front grill.

The dealership is being very cool about it, so I offered the above to help them out. They are going to call me when they have an engine block.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, since I want to look at things from the positive side. I will have a brand new engine with no miles on it.
My first engine was a
FREEBIE

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
ROCK ON......
good to hear they did not hassle you with the 35`s
:wink:

ps.....
if you had 33'' tars the winch and bumper would have been easyer to
remove.
:beercheers:

·
Registered
653 Posts
hhhhmmmm that has its pros and cons????
I guess its not all that bad?

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
How many miles did that engine have on it? I like the engine once it breaks in, sounds like you've got to do it again.

·
Registered
454 Posts
And you don't have even the slightest curiosity about what it would be like to swamp the engine? You should talk to your dealer and see if you could take it through just one last big mudhole before the swap. ****, if it was me, I would even pay for the towing to get it to the dealership. It would be well worth the fun of doing it (fun when there are no consequences).

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It had 12k miles on it.
So I will have to break it in a bit again.
OOO MAN, I would love to SWAMP IT to death.

Gotta ask them about that.

G

·
0 Posts
That would be a blast... Shoot, I'd probably try traversing the Platt River if the dealer gave the OK.. lol

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
I suggest talking them into letting you SWAP it for a 4.7L from a grand. This would be the PERFECT TIME. :bowing: DO IT!!!! I'm not joking

G

·
0 Posts
bbusch said:
I suggest talking them into letting you SWAP it for a 4.7L from a grand. This would be the PERFECT TIME. :bowing: DO IT!!!! I'm not joking
Exactly what I was thinking. Hmmmm, V8 power in a Rubi............ :twisted:

·
Registered
454 Posts
V10 Viper ENGINE!!!!

You could be the first guy on the planet with 35s to do a wheelie in a Jeep.

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
If you did it you would no longer need those 4.88's. :crazyeyes:

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would still need the gears for crawling
but that sure would be saaaweeeeeeeeeet

G

·
0 Posts
To bad you couldn't get them to set the odometer back also. I think Mac is right about those 33's heck just think if you only had is 3.5" springs it would have been really easy :lol: :lol:

Ron

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
actually
the 35s put the winch plate at the perfect height for me to grab it.
I am only 5'5" so I didnt have to bend over.
But.........
being only 145lbs
a winch and winch plate is about 2/3 my weight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
454 Posts
5'5"? How do you get into the Jeep? With 5.5" of lift and 35" tires you must sit nearly 8" above stock. The door sill height must be near your waist. Cudos to you dude. :shock: :wink:

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L
4.7L

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
:mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I really need to get a pic of me standing next to it.
It is TALL

I have to do a combo pull/jump

NO 4.7L

Engine swap is starting tommorrow morning!!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts