·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
OK, what's going on here?

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
My bride and I headed to the Tri Cities today to run some errands. I dropped her at Hobby Lobby while I went to the Ram/Jeep dealership. I have some long time friends who work there so I usually stop in and say hi!

Today when I stopped, I had it in the back of my mind to ask about the new HD Ram pickups....I've been waiting for them to land here. I walked in the side door and did not see any, so after harassing the staff for a while, I simply asked when they expected to get one of the new HD trucks in. The Sales Manager replied that they had one setting out front! I asked if it was a Laramie with a diesel and he said, "Nope, it's a Hutch truck... A Tradesman with a 392 and the new 8 speed auto!"

They threw me the keys, and you can probably guess what happened!

Old one on the right....new one on the left:

So I've driven it about 140 miles, and I believe it is much quieter tha the older model. Power is good with the 392 and auto. It seems much better than the 392 auto I had a few years ago. Gas mileage appears to be similar to the old one - about 14 mpg overall.

My initial impression is we have a winner, but time and miles will tell the true story!

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm pretty sure you need a couple more seatbelt extenders. You need a jersey like this to go with the cup. Sorry for the sideway pics, the site rotated them.

Uhhhhh, yep, the seat belt extenders were a mistake. I use one because of my back.....I can't twist as easily as I used to. She stuck one on top of the one I put there without looking or thinking.

Yep, a new truck day is a wonderful thing. Right up there with a new Jeep day!

·
Premium Member
4,923 Posts
Congrats on the new truck!!

I have Shiney Object Syndrome also. I went to my preferred Chevy dealer last Friday and spent a lot of time looking at and driving two Colorado with the mini Duramax.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bit of an update on this truck.

The new 8 speed with the 392 is a really good combination. Averaging 15.6 over 12,500 miles. That may change some though as I just put some 285/75-18 Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws on it.

This truck has to take the place of my Jeep as the Challenger certainly is not going into the woods!

Seems to be working so far....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts