Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first Jeep and I am not sure just how tight a seal my half door/ window should get at the top where they join the soft top. The drivers side "window" will wobble enough at highspeed for me to catch glimpses of daylight. The other window fits very tight. The top itself also seems tighter on the passenger side then the driver.
I have only had it a few months, most of the time with the top down and doors off but I do garage it and when it is out the top is down so I don't think that exposure/enviorment re the problems...
Whats the word?
Or shall I take it in to the dealer?.........
Also....I had a 97 Cherokee with a 5 spd. before the Rubicon, is it my imagination that the transmission and cluth are not as smoothas the one on the cherokee? :?: I went 190k on that transmission, alot of it towing, and it was always smooth, and I never had even the slightest cluth issue.....
Also...why was the Cherokee faster with the same engine?
Sorry if the questions are a little trite...but it is a discussion forum
Thanks ina advance
Erik

·
Registered
336 Posts
Welcome to the softtop world. With a stout crosswind on the highway I have seen my soft uppers pull away enough to let me stick most of my fingers out.....

The 03-04 jeeps are underpowered.....tuning is off because emmissions.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Grasping the soft window at the top of the metal frame and pulling / bending it inward will help with a tighter fit at the top.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts