Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a arb snorkel on their rubicon? How hard to put on. I have ac . Could you post some pics up. Did you have to use a hole saw and what size?

·
Registered
628 Posts
There are a few in our club and I posted a pic in the stuck section of Lens Rubi (To The Wall). You do have to drill holes in the window frame and the body but I'm not sure of the size. The install was fairly simple though.

Adam

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Bah, mine was supposed to be here Friday but I guess it'll be Monday. I'll have it on before the weekend though as I'll need it. According to ARB it does fit but doesn't line up exactly with the A pillar as it does for 97-'02 model TJ's. We shall see.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One of the guys in our club installed his. He said it went it with not to many problems. Biggest problem was the guys at the Auto Hobby Shop that freaked about him taking a hole saw to the side of a 30K vehicle. Understand that a wrench is a dangerous object in his hands. The install looks really good. Hardest thing was drilling out all the holes. Especially the ones inside. His has A/C and didn't have any problems. Now OBA is another story since the new air intake routes right into that area.

Ron

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Got any pics stitch? I thought the hose ran into a new hole you cut in the back side of the stock airbox. I have a York in mine and my snorkel should be here this week.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
His goes in the side of the air box. I'll try to get some pics this weekend if he is out at the camping trip.

Ron

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Was it his choice where it went into the airbox? How is the stock airtube sealed? Mine will most likely be in before the weekend :)

·
Premium Member
3,913 Posts
Lothos....
I gotta know where you got that flag on your hood..... it looks great!

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
http://www.decalzone.com

I'm actually not impressed with how hard it went on and actually looks like crap up close. You really need to use the soapy water method of laying it down and de-bubbling rather than using their method.

I have a friend that will airbrush a larger version for $200 if I get around to it.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Stock air tube had a blank off plate for it. I know he just followed directions, so I can only assume that they said to install it in the side.

Ron

·
Registered
502 Posts
I like the cowl snorkle, great job. It looks as though the windshield will be remaining in an upright position. :wink: [/quote]

·
Registered
129 Posts
cowl snorkle

window stays upright, although the snorkle is removeable if necessary for better access under the hood - otherwise the hood won't go all the way back

1 - 15 of 15 Posts