Rubicon Owners Forum banner

Smaller Belly Skid Project!!!!!

4K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  LILRDJP 
#1 ·
Last night i started taking things apart on the RUBI for a flatter belly skid. After talking with Amric this weekend his RE Flat Skid for the long arm kit only raised the skid <1". Plus he had to put a round muffler on due to the long arm brackets.

After taking the Stock skid off, wich measures 4.5 inches from top to bottom.

I did some measuring, without any mods to the shifter I am thinking of being able to raise the skid 2 Inches, that not alot but no more shovel.

I'm thinking I'll will definetly need a new DS. THis is at full droop where the tranny is projected to be at.

I believe I will also be needing new control arms for dialing in the rear pinion. Time to go for know, Im going to get the material to start making my new skid. I'll keep you updated...Jerry

See less See more
#27 ·
This skid should without a doubt work on all 2003 JP Wrangler/TJ. The skid that is on them from the factory is the same for all models and not just Rubi specific................So you Auto guys you are not a special case and should help keep costs down................ 8)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.