Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching high and low for this bracket and I can find the part number on the Skyjacker website (JSRB231M) but none of the distributors have any listing. This part is specific to the manual tranny. I have been told that the auto tranny one will work with slight modification. Can anyone comment on this? I know there are a few of you here who have done this mod and your advice would be appreciated.

G

·
0 Posts
Here take a look at this. The (M) bracket is discontinued. My install is a little different than the skyjackers instructions. Theirs are designed to be used in conjunction with their belly up skid, so don't work right.

Skyjacker Bracket

Ron

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So should I just get the JSRB231A then? I think there is also a JSR231 as well, maybe that is the one to get.

G

·
0 Posts
Get the 231A, it definately works perfectly. I haven't had any problems with it, and if you see my picture in the rubi flex thread, I went into the hole in 2wd and shifted to 4low with ease, even all crossed up like it was.

Ron

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I am definately going to order one of those after this weekend...Damn my linkage was pissing me off. :mad:

·
Registered
467 Posts
LILRDJP said:
I am definately going to order one of those after this weekend...Damn my linkage was pissing me off. :mad:

mine has been VERY problematic. i have to tighten it up about every three trail rides.

i want this skyjacker part.

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
After this weekend, I am ordering one too. Thanks Ron!

Ken

G

·
0 Posts
Your all welcome. Take a look at my directions before you hack stuff up on the factory parts, I didn't do any of that stuff. I haven't checked this without a body lift so I am curious on how close it comes on the body side with out cutting off the shaft. I think it will work. If anyone has done it this way with out the body lift, please snap a pic and let me know how much clearance there is.

Ron

1 - 8 of 8 Posts