Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had any experience with skyjacker, rubicon express, superlift... or any other lifts? Just wondering...loooking at putting one on Rubi...wondering which is preferd so far by other rubicon owners...
Pete

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I can't speak for Skyjacker but I am really happy with RE. I have had 3 RE lifts and I am really happy with the springs and control arms.

JMO

·
Registered
78 Posts
Skyjacker Lift

I have the 4" Standard lift on my Rubi and I love it. I just put a Tom Woods CV DS in yesterday along with JKS 1.25" Body Lift, MM lift and Skyjacker Steering Stabilizer. I can't believe the diff. the stabilizer made. Anyways for the money the Skyjacker is well worth it in my opinion HTH

·
Registered
561 Posts
I am sure the standard kits are just fine, but the flex series are a joke. There front trac bar design is junk, discos junk, and in the RR kits I am not a fan of there relocating everything so they can minimize the bumber of parts used for the different kits.

THere **** breaks. Had alot of problems with it on my old TJ. Don't be different go with what works and you won't regret it. I did, and regretted it ever since.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have an Explorer ProComp stage 1 lift on mine and am VERY disapointed in it. WAY too stiff and not ready for the 03. Some parts didn't fit right. Just Jeeps offered to exchange it for me for an RE lift but had everything already done. Should have taken them up on it.

Mike

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
RE! RE! RE! RE! RE! RE!.......HEHEHEHEHHE.....

Did I mention that you should go with RE.. :)

On a second note I have heard that OME is also a good lift.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I'm really happy with the RE 4.5 SF. Get it. Run 33's if you want and 35's later with a 1" BL. I went with 35's right away because I want the clearance. A friend changed from RE to Skyjacker and regretted it big time. Skyjacker lifts lose height over time and break control arm links. The ride on my RE is better than stock 'cause of the Rubi stiff springs. The RE SF kit can be upgraded to long arms and belly skid - the "extreme duty" kit , without having to replace the parts you already bought. Go RE! and 35's just look right! 4:10's pull them just fine, those that don't agree are whining... :D

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info...looks like you are the final person to convince me to not get a skyjacker...
Pete

G

·
0 Posts
This is a late reply but did anyone try the Teraflex kits? Also, I'm looking at running a JKS control arm setup with custom coil spacers totaling about 4.5" of lift. I like the fact that the JKS control arms are of OEM construction and will not flop and rattle around like heim joint setups (RE).

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
my buddy has a 6'' terra long arm.... its junk!
he`s purchasing the needed items from RE :wink:

G

·
0 Posts
SkyHighTJ said:
I am sure the standard kits are just fine, but the flex series are a joke.
? i was pleased with the 4.5" superlift rock runner lift that i had on my '00 sahara.

to each his own i suppose, but i had no complaints at all.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hey thank's for the info, I was going to purchase a Sky jacker 6" R.R systeme but whit your coment I dont thinck I will :) . Does anybody run 5.5" R.E Extreme-duty systeme and for those of you who went whit the 4.5" R.E and 1" B.L , why didn't you go whit 5.5" R.E :lol: . Thank' in advance the Horny Devil :twisted:

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
Hornydevil said:
Hey thank's for the info, I was going to purchase a Sky jacker 6" R.R systeme but whit your coment I dont thinck I will :) . Does anybody run 5.5" R.E Extreme-duty systeme and for those of you who went whit the 4.5" R.E and 1" B.L , why didn't you go whit 5.5" R.E :lol: . Thank' in advance the Horny Devil :twisted:
HD.. (horny d)
i stuck with the lower springs on advise of the service manager where i get my jeep serviced.. yrs down the road can change springs.. that part of the FUN Package of owning a jeep!
:wink:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Hornydevil said:
I went to the RE 4.5 instead of the 5.5 because with 5.5 you will have to go to a long arm kit. If you used 5.5 springs with short arms the road handling would just plain suck........I will go to a long arm kit next spring but due to the exchange of CDN $$ to US $$ I would have had to get a second morgage and sell a kidney...... :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts