Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my rubi back yesterday. It looks great on the tub like it never was dented, the flare was replaced, and they put a new door skin on. They also painted the headlight bezels to match, cause I hate chrome!.

Anyhow everythign looks good, except there is a slight bow where hinges meet door. They removed the doors at the hinge on the door, rather than using the pins....?!?! Anyhow when they reinstalled the door, it looks as if they overtightened the torx screws and managed to slightly bow the metal. You can't tell except in certain lights.

So I plan on taking it back to them in amonth or so, and droppping just the door off once "door off" season comes...that way I won't have to give up my wheels for a week again. Anyway just though some of you may be insterested.
PICS

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
That looks good.............Good work by the body shop. :D

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BugMan said:
Looks good, guess I missed the thread saying what happened.
YAh we pulled that thread down for insurance reasons;)....I went through some ice at the badlands, when my bro pulled me out the broken chunks acted liek ice bergs and really banged up tub and drivers door. The gay thing is is it wasn't that deep, the water barely came to the top of my tires....oh well **** happens.

G

·
0 Posts
SkyHighTJ said:
BugMan said:
Looks good, guess I missed the thread saying what happened.
YAh we pulled that thread down for insurance reasons;)....I went through some ice at the badlands, when my bro pulled me out the broken chunks acted liek ice bergs and really banged up tub and drivers door. The gay thing is is it wasn't that deep, the water barely came to the top of my tires....oh well **** happens.
I understand.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DAMNIT! I went to open the door this morning and noticed the skin where it meets the window fram right above the drivers side door handle....it broke apart there. This is BS. I'm getting a WHOLE NEW door now!!!!! :x :x :x

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
10,9,8,7,6,5,4...........Do you feel better now....... :mad:

That sucks........is it some thing the Body shop could have done when they pulled it off to fix the door?

If so get them to buy you a new one...........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts