Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok,

In the process of getting undercarriage protection for the Rubi (Let me please mention that I am a sick indivdual who has already ordered $4,000 worth of Jeep Parts for a Jeep that I have not even received yet and won't receive until July).

That being said, I know the following will fit and have ordered them already.

Kilby Gas Tank Skid
Kilby Steering Skid
Avalanche Rock Ring Diff Guards/Skids

Now, I still need the following:

TC Skid (Whenever someone makes one)
LCA Skids (Does anyone think these are really needed)
Oil/Engine Skid

Am I missing something...............any ideas on parts/manufactures that make a good prodcut would be great.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
First off........Check with Medic on a T-Case skid.. He is in the process of building a sweet one.

LCA skids I don't think are worth the $$$...Just my .02

and for the oil pan I would go with a Mopar one.......Good quality skid at a really good price $100.

Those are my thoughts...

·
Registered
561 Posts
I woudl have to disagree on the LCA skids. Have you taken a look at the flimsy OEm axle mounts? I have already managed to drag them on just about everything, and they are bending up quick. In one area the bracket is slightly bent into the arm, and contacts it, but I'm just too lazy to pull it off now, will do when aftermarket arms go in.

I woudln't buy the ones that work w/ OEm arms, simply because they hang tooo low, and once you add aftermarket arms, then they will hang low enough to accomodate OEm arms, but there will be about 1/8-1/4" they could go up, since u have aftermarket arms...ya know what I mean? There for I won't bother with them UNTIL I have say RE arms on my rig or sumthing to allow the little skid to be as high as possible.

BTW I have seen some that weld on, are folks just whipping these up home brew, or does someone sell them or what...they look the nicest!!!! U-bolts on your axle tubes for skid row look way cheesy!!

·
Registered
384 Posts
Here is a picture of the tc skid, This one was bent, then I cut all the holes in it by hand with the plazma cutter, should have the first one done by next friday that is completly cut by lazer plazma. I still need to put the cover for the tc on and angled steel for reinforcment on yet.

As for control arm skids, I made my own, there 1/4" steel, plenty of room for aftermarket arms as well..

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Looking good Jerry........ :D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The TareFlex Oil Pan Skid works/fits great. Super easy to install too. Got mine for $60 delivered.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Skid Row

Put a Skid Row engine skid on mine. So far really happy with it. The skid is extremely solid. Cost is $225 so price is a little high but the quality is there. Will be trying it out in MOAB in a couple weeks.

There skid will also work with long arm lifts.

·
Registered
382 Posts
LCA skids

SkyHighTJ said:
BTW I have seen some that weld on, are folks just whipping these up home brew, or does someone sell them or what...they look the nicest!!!! U-bolts on your axle tubes for skid row look way cheesy!!
got a pair for $20, got from brett, http://www.afm4x4.com they weld right on...I just put them on the front. rear is well protected.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I just got the skid row engine skid fit great !I havent had a chance to test it yet but leaves lots of room for the driveshaft and covers a lot .Install was pretty easy for a person who has few tools a floor jack and drill couple of wrenches .I have the wife for the small hands part of bolting up to motor mounts as I have clubs at the end of my arms LOl.was pretty easy and directions were real clear pics could use some help but not very time comsumeing either :evil: :twisted: :p

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
Need to know 5 Speed or Auto

If 5 speed Tera oil skid is $62 with shipping but it wont fit an auto

1 - 10 of 10 Posts