Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to replace the hub unit bearings. I have decided to use SKF ( BR930219) units. But now I read that the lugs appear to be 12mm. Anyone see any problem as long as I use the correct lug nuts.

Since I have not purchased the SKF units yet, does anyone know of SKF's that have 1/2" studs?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
881 Posts
No hands-on experience with these but I noticed on the SKF web site is says "M12.5x2" which is not a valid metric size (both diameter and pitch). However 12.5mm is darn close to 1/2" so I suspect somebody went overboard with the metric system. They are supposed to be direct replacements so it would be weird if the studs are different.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No hands-on experience with these but I noticed on the SKF web site is says "M12.5x2" which is not a valid metric size (both diameter and pitch). However 12.5mm is darn close to 1/2" so I suspect somebody went overboard with the metric system. They are supposed to be direct replacements so it would be weird if the studs are different.
Good catch on the possible metric conversion. I also wonder if the "X2" really is X20 pitch.

Anyway, I found a email address for customer service with SKF and have asked them to clarify the 12.5

1 - 3 of 3 Posts