Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The more I work on my rubi the more I realize and appreciate just how simple everything is put together.

It is such a joy to work on and it really makes it easy to modify when everything is so accessible.

DC must make a fortune on them :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
4wheelinfreedom said:
The more I work on my rubi the more I realize and appreciate just how simple everything is put together.

It is such a joy to work on and it really makes it easy to modify when everything is so accessible.

DC must make a fortune on them :lol:
Oh yeah. The indiscriminate mixing of metric and US hardware, torx head hardware, the total lack of thought to maintenance when orientating nuts and bolts, they're beautiful. Friggin' beautiful.

Jerry

·
Registered
454 Posts
How about the gear clamp on the filler hose. Fixed to the hose in the perfect position to be the most difficult to remove without lowering the tank.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I still think it is pretty simple to work on.

I have wrenched on a lot of vehicles and this thing is pretty simple.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
I just like the fact that all my bolts come off easy.

My personal favorite was changing all 8 control arms...Why does the axle have to move :(

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RUBICON = Some Disassembly required.

Some Disassembly required stands for find proper combination of wrenches, socket, torx's, make trip to sears for others, take off 3 things to remove one bolt, bust 4 knuckles, drop wrench on certain part of anatomy , find secret location of dirt (deposite in eyes and mouth), after 30 minutes have significant other ask how things are going (note bolt still in same place) :mad:.

Gotta love working on Jeeps. Sarcasm on this board, heaven forbid :lol: :lol: !

Ron

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
PBR Stitch said:
RUBICON = Some Disassembly required.

Some Disassembly required stands for find proper combination of wrenches, socket, torx's, make trip to sears for others, take off 3 things to remove one bolt, bust 4 knuckles, drop wrench on certain part of anatomy , find secret location of dirt (deposite in eyes and mouth), after 30 minutes have significant other ask how things are going (note bolt still in same place) :mad:.

Gotta love working on Jeeps. Sarcasm on this board, heaven forbid :lol: :lol: !

Ron
:rofl: :lolbonk:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts