Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my kids having tough time getting in/out of my '03 rubicon-can anyone recommend aftermarket sidestep boards?

·
Registered
478 Posts
your frame is already stamped to accept the factory sport style side steps
part number 82206456 they shouldn't cost you anymore than $200.00 USD
or try and find a used set from the wreaking yard 2001 or newer will fit

·
Registered
61 Posts
jeeperman trail skidz are excellent too.
I agree, and the Jeeperman skidz will protect your rig. I don't think the sport steps will last long on the trail. Also, put some skid tape on the top so they won't slip.

Bill

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The factory steps quickly become junk if you land on them, or put any real upwards force on them. The plastic breaks fairly easy.

Ron

·
Registered
131 Posts

Steps are 1/4" thick. It is so strong that you can leave it permanently attached when wheeling. We put it to the test on our local playground in Farmington and also on the Rubicon.

Removable in less than two minutes for the pair. Attached with two 1/2" bolts that thread into stationary hidden weld nuts on inside of rockerguard.

Removable in 2 minutes! Every Rockerguard made is ready to accept steps. Steps easily attaches to square weld nuts on underside of rockerguards. Easily installs with supplied hardware.

Durango has the best concept I've seen.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went with the Jeeperman Trail Skidz and couldn't be happier. You will want to put some anti-skid on the steps though. I got these for my son and my pregnant wife and they love them. The install is a piece of cake and they stand up well to wheeling. Check the manufacturer's forum for a few threads (and some good pics) regarding the steps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts