Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of my front fender marker lamp bulbs have been blown for a couple of years. I finally got around to looking for a replacement bulb but no one in town carries it (the number was 2821).

Are there any other bulbs that work here and are easier to find?

·
Premium Member
2,931 Posts
I never thought it was anything but a regular old peanut bulb 190 something cant remember the exact number maybe a 197 clear or 197a amber

·
Registered
892 Posts
Just did mine GE194 or GE 194LL (long Life) I think the 197's work but are not as bright.

·
3,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lugs said:
Just did mine GE194 or GE 194LL (long Life) I think the 197's work but are not as bright.

I knew there had to be an easy and cheap solution. I'll give them a try - Thank you.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Since you've found a solution, I hope you don't mind a piggyback question. I'd like to complement my LED tails with LED front marker lights for the front and sides.

Can someone recommend a plug-and-play LED light solution?

Thanks to OP and the gang.

·
Premium Member
2,931 Posts
no such thing as plug & play. there is wiring and modification involved. you have to make the jeep think all your bulbs are still there otherwise you turn on all the dash lights

·
Registered
51 Posts
Would the flasher module from ORO that controls my tail lights suffice?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Bummer :(

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
jolivergraham said:
Since you've found a solution, I hope you don't mind a piggyback question. I'd like to complement my LED tails with LED front marker lights for the front and sides.

Can someone recommend a plug-and-play LED light solution?

Thanks to OP and the gang.
Check with Skinny Pedal. YOu are going to need LEDs and some kind of combination of electrical whoo-haas....Diodes/resistors, etc. I have LEDs all around. SkinnyPedal made them work.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Awesome. Thanks gang. I'll have a look.
Thanks OP for letting me hijack.

Is it a thread hijack if the OP is ok with it? Discuss.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
if you have a towing harness, get the proper electrical hoo-ha's and wire them up to the trailer half of a plug. It'll put the proper amount of resistance in the circuit and make the system think you are running filaments in your lights. again, i'd ask skinny about the hoo-ha's

1 - 13 of 13 Posts