Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any one used these and can give me some feed back.

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
I used the Teraflex shock extensions (P/N RST) - this part is very solid and durable. I didn't like the look of the Currie part because it is exposed to all sorts of possible rock damage and I thought it would get bent pretty easy.

Have a great day!

Ken

G

·
0 Posts
For those of you who don't know exactly what these are!

Currie Shock Extensions

I have seen these, and didn't like the way that the looked. Just some bent metal that wrapped around the old mount and supported the shock. I have/ had the Teraflex shock relocators installed on mine. I prefer the teraflex over currie because they are solid steel, powder coated, fit inside the original shock mount, have an additional bolt in the back to help stabilize them.

Teraflex Shock Relocator

My Install

I needed to take mine out because I was bottoming out the shocks. I will reinstall them when I raise the skid and have to rotate the pinion.

Ron

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
Another vote for the Teraflex shock relocators. I agree 100% with Ron's reasoning.

Jerry

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
went with the currie they dont look as good as the others but could get them today i want to get back on the road as soon as i can if thay get bent i will let you guys know

·
Registered
454 Posts
What size of lift are you using? I have a 2.5" OME lift and even with the wide OME shock canisters I get no interference at all. The technician at the dealer who installed it even rotated the pinion up a little which would cause even more potential for interference but there's nothing.

G

·
0 Posts
At max flex I rub the passenger side canister, just enough to remove the paint, but not enough to dent the canister, I am keeping an eye on that shock. I will reinstall my relocators when I roll the pinion.

Ron

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have the RE 3.5 LA kit and the shocks would not even bolt up with out the relocators.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts