Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some pics for y'all:

I'd be happy to answer any questions.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Looks great Dave. Does Serious Metal Fab have a website? I couldn't find one when I did a search. I really like the front bumper.

G

·
0 Posts
I like their front bumpers and sliders. Anywhere we can get more information on them?

Ron

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I phoned fror prices in US - so we'll start with that:

Sliders - $299
Swing Away - $599
Font bumper with winch plate - $519

No website as of yet. The company in so swamped with orders and custom work that they haven't built one yet. I keep bugging the owner,Clint to do this, but he's tied up with getting product built and delivered on time. These guys do cages, marine work, custom suspentions, industrial, movie props, motor and body swaps, stainless, aluminum, cast, I've seen him build one off race car and hotrod parts, repairs on race bike frames etc. About 75% of there business is biulding the bumpers now. They supply BC, Alberta and Washington State, but he can ship anywhere and he really stands by the product. The company is still small, so Clint does all the fine welding himself and you won't find a better welder. He built a cage on my Landcruiser that survived a 4x rollover that saved my ass. He's a stand-up guy and I feel that I owe him. I don't make a commision or anything, don't even mention me if you don't want to. The best thing to do is to just call him direct. You can even discuss any custom work you can dream up and he'll make it happen. His name is Clint and the number is 604 988 7761. Right now he's still the little guy in the States but if you see his stuff you'll agree that he won't be little for long - really good quality. You can usually save money if you order direct, but here's 2 of many shops that stock his gear:

http://www.nsor.com/showcase.cfm note that these are Canadian prices

http://www.oly4x4.com/smfbumpers.htm these guys are in Washington

Good luck give him a call you won't be dissapointed

G

·
0 Posts
side view

do you have a side view of the rear tire carrier and bumper. it looks like the tire is quite a ways away from the body of the jeep, possibly due to the hi-lift jack?? :?:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My spare almost touches the tailgate, it's as close as you can get it. The tire appears ti stick out because of it's size -and the 4" backspacing on the rim - I'll take a shot for you. :)

·
Registered
454 Posts
D:

I see the MTRs have been put back on. Good work, they are an excellent street tire. The soft compound really gives some good grip in the corners. Are you stil using the boggers?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ha Ha - funny you should mention, I went back the following weekend with the MTR's on and made the hillclimb on Tommy Gun - 8psi. good to hear from you W. Crush - thanks! The small gap you see between the swing arm and the tailgate would be smaller with a stock Rubi rim (5" backspacing) or a bit larger with a deeper wheel at 3" backspacing. My rims are 4" backspaced and it's right in between. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts