Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone suggest the best way to get some $$ out of my OEM MT/Rs? My dealership told me a few months back that they would give me $200 for each tire and now they are saying $75. Assholes.

Anwyay, I am no longer buying my tires from them so now I need to sell the tires that are on there right now. If anyone has any suggestions on how to get the most money out of a set of pretty much new MT/Rs? These are $270 tires and should sell easily in my opinion.

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
i sold mine to Discount tire store i got 100/tire with 1000 miles on them.
they sold me MTR 305/70R/16 load range "D" for 100 / tire plus the 100 credit
so i considerd it an ok deal. 305`s should have been 225/tire.

i got lucky.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Are you keeping the rims? I sold my whole set for $1500........Post them on the web...Someone will for sure buy those up. Mine were listed for 5min.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I sold my rims and tires yesterday for $1500.00, they had 8000km on them. Bought my rims and tires today 35 bfg muds and eagle alloys in 15x10.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the need to go bigger now. How much do you figure I should ask for 5 33" tires on the Moab rims? My tires are definitely showing a little bit of chunking from off road use but they still only have 9000 kms on them and have plenty of tread left. My rims, however, are very scratched. My right rear wheel has quite a bit of gouging but they are still functional. Anyone have any comments on what is a good price?

·
Registered
478 Posts
The value of a used part comes right down to what someone is willing to pay for it. If you hit the right person you might get more one day to the next. I can't see your rims and tires, mine were almost mint condition and I got $1500.00. So if yours are beat up a little and the tire show wear maybe they are only worth $1500.00 or less. Remember they belong to you , ask what you want to get and if they don't sell adjust the price and take the best offer.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is very true, but I don't want to lose a ton of cash by selling for too low in the beginning. I figure I paid 1500 for the tires so I will ask for 80% of that ($1200) and the rims should be worth $100 for the bad one and $200 for the totally perfect spare. So, if I could get $700 for the rims I would be extremely happy.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Could you imagine shipping 5 33" tires with rims at 80 lbs per? That would be a nightmare.

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
triver525 said:
That is very true, but I don't want to lose a ton of cash by selling for too low in the beginning. I figure I paid 1500 for the tires so I will ask for 80% of that ($1200) and the rims should be worth $100 for the bad one and $200 for the totally perfect spare. So, if I could get $700 for the rims I would be extremely happy.
i got 700 for my rims in Pristine condition.
shipping cost for rims cost me 200.oo from Vegas to Baltimore,MD
so final result was 100.00/rim

got 500 for my tires with 2K miles (local sale)

hope that helps

mac

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I was talking CAN funds. So $700 CAN for the rims would be $500 US. And $1200 CAN would be $860 US (~$170 US per tire). I don't think that is too bad considering they are 285s not the stock 245s.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I just got $1300.00 for my rims & tires with some rock rash. Just the right place at the right time.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That sounds inline with what I would have hoped. How many clicks did you have on the tires? I sold my 245s with 5 kms on them for $1000 CAN. I am crossing my fingers that my used 285s will be in and around that much. The biggest problem is that I am going to have to save up a ton of cash because I want to buy a set of beadlock rims as well. At $400 CAN per wheel, I might be saving for a while. Oh well, it will give me a chance to use my 285s a little more and not feel so bad when I have to let them go for a song.

·
Registered
628 Posts
There was 13k on them when they were sold and also had a couple chunks taken out of them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts