Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D Hi guys: My name is Randy and I run Buchanan Precision Machine in Ventura Ca. I manufacture Seat Riser Kits for '97-04 TJs
Many of you may already know about me and/or have already purchased kits from me. For those of you who don't, You may have noticed that the seats in your new Jeep are a little low. I offer complete kits to raise the front seats 1" , 1.5" , or 2" above the stock height. The kits contain 4 machined aluminum spacers which are black anodized, 4 Grade 8 bolts that are the correct length, and 4 Grade 8 Hardwashers, with instructions. One kit per seat. Installation time is 5-10min/ seat. These kits have been very successful and I have sold over 1,000 kits, with ZERO negative feedback! The product is reasonably priced at $24.95/ seat for 1", and $29.95/ seat for 1.5" and 2" Plus shipping and handling.
TJ's have always had low seats, but in '03 the seats in all Wranglers were lowered another 1.5". this was done to comply with a Federal Mandate, and the logic behind it is, that the airbag will hit you directly in face, which drives your head and torso back to the seat together, as opposed to driving your torso first and your head second which would theoretically cause a "whiplash condition". This is the information told to me by several highly placed Jeep engineers, involved with R&D on Wranglers. Jeep is aware that it makes it difficult for shorter people to see out, but they are Hamstrung by the FED, and can't offer a solution for sale. They are aware of my product, but can neither approve or disapprove of it . So I spread the word on forums like this.
There have been several people out there urging others to raise their seats, (and save that $50 bucks to buy beer) by doing things like using left over spacers from transfer case drops and Unistrut and other hoaky solutions, most of these guys haven't even figured out the correct size of the bolts that Jeep uses, and I would recommend NOT doing these other things for several reasons that are based on real live engineering principles. But really, if you can afford a Rubicon, you should be able to afford $50-60 to raise the seats correctly.
If you're sick of running to things on the trail, or just plain not being able to see out or your new Jeep then I can be reached at [email protected] for more info. Kits are in stock and ship the next day usually by priorty mail

·
Registered
188 Posts
Great product, already have it, now I can actually see my directional indicators.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Are you guys like short or something? I've thought about them, but i'm 6' 2" and kinda like having headroom for a change.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like it the way it is. When I had my 97TJ my shin would always hit the dash when pushing the clutch in.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I actually made a set myself using 2" aluminum round stock 2" tall drilling the holes myself, and found the grade 8 hardware at a local hardware store (support your local hardware store leave the warehouses to the yuppies) I did just the drivers side, I had another set but my brother liked mine so much he begged them out of me. honestly though, at 30 bucks the only thing you charge is shipping, but of course for 30 bucks I did make 2 sets. love the anodizing though! :D

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Heres a thought...couldnt I use my transfer case drop from my RE lift kit to raise the seats? The only thing I would have to buy would be new hardware....tell me what you think.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got Dem and luv dem. Before I found the risers, felt like I was sittin in an old caddie except for the rough ride... Since I got them, feel like i'm in a jeep again. :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Put it under the wrong post, but hey,I just joined this board 2night.....SORRY!!!!

·
Registered
138 Posts
How about a seat lowering kit for us man-sized men? :wink:

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
bulldog said:
How about a seat lowering kit for us man-sized men? :wink:
Yeah, or how about a new seat bracket that will allow the seat to be moved back a few inches more?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I ordered a Buchanan Seat Riser Kit late last week got them in two or three days Priority Mail (quick shipping) took about 1/2 hr to install I think it was about the easiest mod yet I wasn't too sure It would make that much difference but holy cow these thinks are nice, I have never liked driving with my full doors since they are so high and I like to hang my arm out the window but now they are just perfect and it's much easier so see out.

Nice product.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts