Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 JEEP RUBIHARA
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SCAM / FRAUD ALERT

I recently paid for a Rubihara spare tire cover from AUTO PARTS SALE ( Helman Sanchez ) on Marketplace. I sent him the asking price, which included shipping, After several days of waiting for a shipping / tracking number, i contacted him again and he said I have to send him an additional payment $200. for "shipping insurance". Realizing he is a scammer, I immediately asked for my money refunded. He refused and blocked me from contacting him again. I have contacted Zelle and Facebook Marketplace to report this fraud.

Just letting you guys know, so he does not do this to anyone else.

7/28/22 UPDATE
This scam artist has just deleted his email address from ZELLE, (the payment platform this scam artist uses)

·
Super Moderator
3,848 Posts
Do you own a rare Rubihara?

·
Administrator
11,843 Posts
One of my first consumer rules is to never buy anything from Wastebook's Market Place unless they are local and I can meet face to face.

I guess I'l a bit out of the loop but what's a Rubihara?

And.. welcome to ROF.

·
Super Moderator
3,848 Posts
I guess I'l a bit out of the loop but what's a Rubihara?

And.. welcome to ROF.
John, I'm going off of memory, but I believe in 2005 Jeep made a limited run of 1000 Rubihara's. It is a Rubicon LJ / Sahara mix. The Sahara was a package that had color-matched fender flares, special badging and the rare tire cover. I'm pretty sure Stinger was a rubihara

·
Super Moderator
2,488 Posts
jcgrome - this forum has much to offer. Where do you like to take your Jeep? What is on your wish list for an upgrade?

·
Registered
409 Posts
It boggles my mind that a scammer would attach himself to something with such a limited audience as a Rubihara tire cover. How does the scammer even know what it is when guys on a Rubicon forum aren't familiar with it?

FYI - As mentioned above Rubihara is a name coined by someone over at jeepforum for the 2005 Jeep LJ that was made to commemorate the movie 'Sahara' with Mathew McConaughey. Its basically an appearance package that included a special dash plate with a serial # indicating which # out of 1000 your Jeep is. I have #0041 of 1000.

·
Registered
05 Rubicon Sahara
2,780 Posts
I was wondering what that plate with the number was about. I put long horn steer horns on the front of my Rubesco-saharai. It's a special Jeep, it only moves occasionally, usually when it rains.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts