Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone encountered a sagging rear spring. My Rubi's only got 5000 klm on her. Some aggressive wheelin, but nothing to cause this. About 1.5 inches lower on the right rear. Maybe its normal. :?

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Saging in the rt rear on a JP is normal. It seems that with only 5k on it, it should not be sagging that much.... I would take it back to the dealer and get a new set of springs for the rear...

Do you have a lot of weight in the back by chance..ie tire carrier, tools?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Definately not normal this early, I assume it is the passenger rear coil? I have heard of spring sag occuring after a period of time, but never that quick. Normally you can get spring Set which happens when you compress the coil completely so the individual coils are touching, but that won't happen on a stock Rubi. Now I do have about a 1/4" difference side to side. I would have a dealer look at it just in case.

Ron

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stupid me, as a matter of fact I do have a massive rear tire relocator with a large steel bumper. I am sure I have added 100 pounds to the back. Thanks for clearing my mind. I knew it would be worth while talking to people with other Rubicons. I will take it in though for inspection. It sure is great to have a warranty!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts