Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, I do not like it when I have things I want to keep safe and put them in a safe spot for protection from loss, breakage, etc.

I have a brand-new alcohol test kit which I put in a safe spot so the glass test tube, hydrometer, alcoholometer would not get broken.

I looked for two days for the thing. There is no sign of it anywhere.
I can remember looking at the thing, the box it was in, and admiring the device for looking scientific. LOL

I just can't remember where I put it. LOL
I ordered another yesterday, and the one I put up in the safe spot will turn up the day Fed X is delivering the new one.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Has happened to me..... several times

Same here! I usually find what I am looking for, but this time I am having no luck. I likely put the test kit somewhere real safe so nothing break since it is glass.

I just don't know where I put the kit. I have been through rooms multiple times, my shop multiple times, and my enclosed trailer multiple times.
It has had me stressed. Yesterday when I rode I only did 30 miles and had to come home and look some more. I decided it was easier to order the 12 dollar kit than to spend anymore time looking and stressing.
My stress level has subsided but I still wonder where I put the kit. LOL
Like I said it'll turn up after the new one arrives.

·
Administrator
10,695 Posts
After my father-in-law passed away I was cleaning up his shop and I kept finding tape measures as I dug through the layers of stuff on the workbench. He would misplace one and buy another. I think I found about 40 screwdrivers.

I'm starting to put something down and five minutes later I can't find it :serious:.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Sounds like me as well. When I was searching my trailer I was finding all kind of stuff. I was like "I forgot I had this". Lol
I still want to find the alcohol test kit.
Did you try the cabinets in the bathroom? I have been known to put stuff there on occasion and totally forget it's under there.
Good luck :)

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you try the cabinets in the bathroom? I have been known to put stuff there on occasion and totally forget it's under there.
Good luck :)

Nope, but I do know the kit is not there. Only cleaning stuff, towels etc., first aid.
I've given up on it for now the new kit will be here tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Hate when that happens, last weekend I was searching for a cruise control module I bought for the motorcycle so I could install it, had the damn thing not cost almost 300 bucks I would have ordered another one. On the bright side the shop was spotless by the time I found it.

I think this is called A.A.A.D.D. (Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder)

·
Registered
539 Posts
Hate when that happens, last weekend I was searching for a cruise control module I bought for the motorcycle so I could install it, had the damn thing not cost almost 300 bucks I would have ordered another one. On the bright side the shop was spotless by the time I found it.

I think this is called A.A.A.D.D. (Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder)
LOL that's too funny, FYI I could not find the ICD10 Code for AAADD :p
I suspect it might fall under F03.90

·
Premium Member
3,059 Posts
Dont hide things from yourself while drunk, wait, was that the point? I can find the socket in my hand I need while working. I have a theory why we/I are called grease monkeys.

I have had two friends have fathers pass recently. One found over 40K in cash hidden the other over 80K hidden around the homes.
Thinking a safe would have been cheaper than hiding the cash around the house.

what are you distilling?

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Dont hide things from yourself while drunk, wait, was that the point? I can find the socket in my hand I need while working. I have a theory why we/I are called grease monkeys.

I have had two friends have fathers pass recently. One found over 40K in cash hidden the other over 80K hidden around the homes.
Thinking a safe would have been cheaper than hiding the cash around the house.

what are you distilling?

LOL, I've not been even slightly inebriated in years. I put my stuff up when I am in supposedly full mental control. LOL

What am I distilling? It's not Vicks Formula 44. LOL Not the sissy boy formula 44, the stuff from a few decades back.

All I find around, or should I say the dogs find are old bottles anymore. When I first moved in here my oldest Shepherd would bring all the beer bottles she found in the underbrush to me. The previous owners threw all their beer bottles and old car parts, etc. in the woods next to the house.

·
Administrator
10,695 Posts
A couple of days ago my wife and I were settling in to watch some TV when she who must be obeyed got up to get her phone, she returned with the remote control for the bed. I asked what was she going to do with that thing.....

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A couple of days ago my wife and I were settling in to watch some TV when she who must be obeyed got up to get her phone, she returned with the remote control for the bed. I asked what was she going to do with that thing.....

I've done that, go to get one thing, come back with another, and then look at it for a sec before mumbling.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Dont hide things from yourself while drunk, wait, was that the point? I can find the socket in my hand I need while working.

Almost as bad as looking for your glasses while wearing them.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Man, I do not like it when I have things I want to keep safe and put them in a safe spot for protection from loss, breakage, etc.

I have a brand-new alcohol test kit which I put in a safe spot so the glass test tube, hydrometer, alcoholometer would not get broken.

I looked for two days for the thing. There is no sign of it anywhere.
I can remember looking at the thing, the box it was in, and admiring the device for looking scientific. LOL

That's called "Murphy's law".

I just can't remember where I put it. LOL
I ordered another yesterday, and the one I put up in the safe spot will turn up the day Fed X is delivering the new one.
That's called "Murphy's Law.:mad:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts