Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:beercheers: Living in the rust belt, I need to do something to protect my Jeep (once it's delivered) from cancer. I was told by someone in the Auto business that undercoating is a ripoff. I am thinking I should just paint the whole underside with Anti rust paint (tremclad). What do others do to protect against the elements under the Jeep and the body?
If this has been discussed, link me.
Thanks all

·
Registered
628 Posts
Not sure if it's been dicussed already, but I know where your coming from. I had it undercoated before delivery from the dealer back in Nov '02 and it has worked quite well but I do plan on having it done every year just to be sure.

Adam

·
Registered
188 Posts
Undercoating works, esp the Rubberized version, however, the important part is it has to be applied prior to rusting, That and it must be touched up regularly. In all my years of working on customers cars, the cars treated with it, were always in far better shape after 10 years +.

02 cents

·
Registered
18 Posts
have you ever thought about "rust check" rust inhibitor, it work's realy good. I got my 02 tj done an I will get my Rubi done to, my parent as got there vehicle rust check since they bought theme new and they never rusted and they live next to the shore, just to tell you how well it worck my neigbour had the same year Explorer as my mom that had never got the treatment and now you can see throught the fenders and my mom is still like brand new and it's a 92. I am a firm beliver of Rust Check.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts