Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Super Moderator
3,983 Posts
Are you trying to add tubing to the stock rubicon rock sliders? If so, I think it's doable by a qualified fabrication shop. By the time you pay shop and material fees, a good set, like Rockhard will probably be cheaper and you'll be able to sell the stock pieces.

· Super Moderator
3,983 Posts
Thats a good alternative there

Reactions: Hellcat

· Registered
1 Posts
New owner of a 2020 Rubicon. Need to doing something about steps or rails to make it easier for my wife to get in and out of our new toy. It came with rock rails, but, while I’d like to do some off roading, I don’t expect to get into climbing rocks. I was looking at these but didn’t know if they were compatible or if there was a better solution. Any help would be appreciated. Need to do this soon before the wife revolts!

edit by staff - removed long text associated with link to product, we generally don't allow links in the first post

· Premium Member
1,785 Posts
New owner of a 2020 Rubicon. Need to doing something about steps or rails to make it easier for my wife to get in and out of our new toy. It came with rock rails, but, while I’d like to do some off roading, I don’t expect to get into climbing rocks. I was looking at these but didn’t know if they were compatible or if there was a better solution. Any help would be appreciated. Need to do this soon before the wife revolts!
Check out AMP power steps.

· Administrator
12,203 Posts
Welcome Peter.
Having steps that protrude out that far is not a good idea even for mild off-roading. For a while we carried a small plastic step stool (one step) with a line attached. Step stool deployed on the ground, wife gets in and pulls in the step.

Reactions: Mouse

· Registered
193 Posts
Welcome Peter.
Having steps that protrude out that far is not a good idea even for mild off-roading. For a while we carried a small plastic step stool (one step) with a line attached. Step stool deployed on the ground, wife gets in and pulls in the step.
Not sure where to put this. Does anyone know of running boards or steps that you can keep the rock bars on.

thanks Mike
Rock-Slide Engineering!

· Registered
270 Posts
Any step like Amp or Rock Slide will not take hard core rock hits....I tried Rock Slides..didn't take one trips hits. Now Poison Spiders that laugh at the rocks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.