Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll start with these shots from today. Please add your's...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I would just like to let you know that this is an unfair thread in my book. :mad: :lol:

Ron

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
PBR Stitch said:
I would just like to let you know that this is an unfair thread in my book. :mad: :lol:

Ron
Don't worry Ron.. The "Send Ron some ROCKS" campaign is under way.. :wink:

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
James said:
I agree with Ron this thread is unfair to the rock challenged members

Rubiconvict,

What is that plate for under the bumper?

James
looks like a custom steering box and radiator skid.... I LIKE !!!!!
hmmmm
where did you get that plate.
TIA
mac

·
Registered
135 Posts

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The skid plate you guys noticed on my frontend is a Tomken piece that they call a "tierod skidplate", but it actually protects the steering box and the bottom of the rad, better than the tierod...

If you get one, make sure you weld the rear legs of the skid to the frame, instead of using the self-tapping bolts Tomken supplies. I sheered off the Tomken bolts the first time I hit a rock face with the skid. Since I welded the legs, however, it can take one hell of a pounding.

·
Administrator
15,116 Posts
Rubiconvict said:
The skid plate you guys noticed on my frontend is a Tomken piece that they call a "tierod skidplate", but it actually protects the steering box and the bottom of the rad, better than the tierod...

If you get one, make sure you weld the rear legs of the skid to the frame, instead of using the self-tapping bolts Tomken supplies. I sheered off the Tomken bolts the first time I hit a rock face with the skid. Since I welded the legs, however, it can take one hell of a pounding.
Rubiconvict
thanks,for the added tip on the weld.
found it at http://www.tomken.com
Tie Rod Skid Plate
TMS-1212-F
Made to fit aftermarket bumpers and recommended for stock TJ's.
$85.32
mac

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep...

And you don't need to worry about the welds making the plate hard to remove if you have to, because the plate bolts to the legs on the lower ends, anyhow.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here' s another couple of crawlin' shots from yesterday's run (Aug 18th).

I had a guest shotgun rider along from the Calgary Jeep Club yesterday, too (Darrell Lawlor). He just happens to own a Silver Con himself. He seemed to dig the abundance of rock we have here, down East.

8)

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

I found a rock.

A close up for you disbelievers.

Okay does sandstone really count as rock?

Ron

·
Registered
454 Posts
It's got the word "stone" in it doesn't it? A rock's a rock.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Actually I heard a rumor that there was another one down south somewhere. I've seen other small rocks, but I believe they are imported. I don't recall any volcano's around so I know the lava rocks that I got from Wal-mart are imported.

Ron

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Heres some of mine (red) and a friends (green)

Moab, Ut and Little Moab, Ut.

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
OK, Ill play along
This was my first day out with the 35s, so I decided to see if I could get on top of a 3' tall rock. I must admit, I was showing off for the lovely passenger.

Up

UP

anddddddd

OVER

Got some nice scraps on the bottom of my Longarms, but they protected the Driveshaft like 2 secret service members.
Gotta love lockers!!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Excellent shots!

I'm lovin' it.!

I'm goin' on another rock run this coming Monday. Looking at your pics is just making me more excited about the run.

The rig looks sweet too, by the way!

I have come to the conclusion that rock crawling is the 'heroin' of all the offroad addictions. One good hit of it and you're hooked for life.

8)

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Rubiconvict said:
I have come to the conclusion that rock crawling is the 'heroin' of all the offroad addictions. One good hit of it and you're hooked for life. 8)
That's for sure, the day after I get back from a trip I am ready to go again, poor guys in FL

1 - 20 of 24 Posts