Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i finally made it from Texas to The Rubicon last month.. What a trip.. $2200 in diesel, $600 in hotels, and whatever I spent on food and other things for my daughters while making the 4000 mile round trip..

Our group left Texas on a friday and made it to South Lake Tahoe Sunday afternoon.. We drove to the trail Monday morning.. We left our trucks and trailers around 11:30 and began the journey..

Day 1: we started on the Tahoma side and drove to buck island lake and set up camp there around 7 pm..
Day 2: we picked up camp around 9:30 and hit the trail.. we drove to the loon lake entrance and then turned around, had lunch, and then worked our way back to the same campsite at loon lake around 8 pm.. that was a long day..
Day 3: we picked up camp and hit the trail around 10 am.. i left my group at the rubicon springs camp and finished the trail alone.. i got back to my truck around 3 pm.. i only planned 3 days on the trail..

I did not bring my 2004 TJ Rubicon.. i brought my 2015 JKU sport that is now built similar to a rubicon.. D44 front/D60 rear with a rubicon t~case, rubicon sliders, and f/r e-lockers with 5:13's on 40's..

anyways, the trail was a blast.. it's not very technical or hard to drive through.. the adventure was fun and i am glad i finally drove the trail.. we had a good group and my daughters loved it.. they're 15, 7, and 5..

Tire Sky Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Car

Tire Sky Wheel Vehicle Mountain

Wheel Tire Sky Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
2004 TJ Rubicon
778 Posts
Very nice, thank you for the trip report. I'm sure your kids will cherish those memories forever!

And yes, I'd love to see more pics too - a bit bigger as well if you can :)

Looks like the other rigs in your group were not on 40s... do they agree it wasn't too hard? I haven't been out there but it's on my list!

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Premium Member
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice, thank you for the trip report. I'm sure your kids will cherish those memories forever!

And yes, I'd love to see more pics too - a bit bigger as well if you can :)

Looks like the other rigs in your group were not on 40s... do they agree it wasn't too hard? I haven't been out there but it's on my list!

i'll try to upload some more pics.

the other rigs were on 37s. the trail really isn't that hard. it had a few tough spots, but they had bypasses if needed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts