Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you probably know that I sold my Rubicon. Well......I thought I would show what I replaced it with.







I know, it's not a Rubicon, heck it's not even a Jeep, but please don't kick me off the forum. I love this place and I promise I will be a good boy :lildevil: .

Oh......I still have a 1990 XJ that I use as a plow truck for our RV Park. Does that count?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
738 Posts
It looks nice. Over time, keep us informed how you like it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,582 Posts
congrats. My neighbor used to have one, the only reason why he got rid of it was because of gas mileage. But he loved it overall.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
Love those trucks. All the different owners that I have done service for love them. Some complain about the mileage others say it is the best half ton truck they have owned and that is on the market. Very soild truck. A couple of guys around here (Indy) have 2"-6" lifts on them and they do look really sweet.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,418 Posts
You mentioned an RV park and that you live in central Oregon. We have an RV and may be up that way from central California. Do you have good wheelin' places around you? Could you tell me the name and general location please? Thanks.

Ed
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,582 Posts
gregert12 said:
needs pics of 90 XJ :D
X2!!! I love XJ's and have recently lost out on two now unfortunately...

Looking into heading your way soon. Will nail down some possible dates and send a PM later.

Best of Luck,

Mike
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
gregert12 said:
needs pics of 90 XJ :D
X2!!! I love XJ's and have recently lost out on two now unfortunately...


This is the only picture I could find. I don't put many miles on it but it is kinda the workhorse of the park. I use it some as a grocery hoper just to make sure it gets run enough but most of the time I use it to drag the roads during the summer and plow them in the winter. I have had it for 5 years now and I can't think of a better vehicle for the job. It's a tuff little bugger and seems to just do the work without complaining.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,447 Posts
Very nice truck and color! 8)

I recently bought a Toyota as well for reliability reasons, I am thinking in the future I may start buying Tacoma 4x4's. Toyota's turn off for me has always been that many of their vehicles are underpowered but I am willing to go back to their brand simply because they work. The 01 4Runner limited 4x4 I had had a rear locker and worked excellent off road also it was an all around great vehicle but the 4.0 V6 was a bit of a dog in my opinion.

As I get older I am getting to where I like simplicity and reliability when it comes to various products, I think you did well on the truck purchase! :pBR:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BLACK RUBI said:
You mentioned an RV park and that you live in central Oregon. We have an RV and may be up that way from central California. Do you have good wheelin' places around you? Could you tell me the name and general location please? Thanks.

Ed
Hi Ed, Our park is "Hidden Pines RV Park". We are located about 30 miles south of Bend out towards Wickiup Res. Our Address is:
52158 Elderberry Lane
La Pine OR. 97739

You can give me a call if you like (541) 536-2265 and I can give you a little more info about our Park and the area.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,067 Posts
bbusch said:
As I get older I am getting to where I like simplicity and reliability when it comes to various products,
x2... now that the kid has come along and I feel overextended, low maintenance and reliability are my mantra for everything! That's exactly why Fledge went under the torch for a makeover.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,333 Posts
Been reading those trucks spend a lot of time in the shop, I dunno, something about the motors exploding. :lildevil:

What kinda mpg do you think you'll get?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Okies said:
What kinda mpg do you think you'll get?
My wife and I were finally able to get away and went for a short ride yesterday. We went 302 miles and it took 16.2 gals of gas. It figures out to 18.64 MPG. Not too bad for a motor that is rated at 381 HP and over 400 ft lbs of torque :lildevil: . It only has 376 miles on it now and is not yet broke in. I expect to see it get somewhere close to 20 MPG on the hwy, if driven easy, after the break-in :) .
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,782 Posts
Nice, they're growing on me. I'm beginning to think about replacing my Tacoma with a Tundra. I'm looking at an 08.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,447 Posts
kidmugg said:
bbusch said:
As I get older I am getting to where I like simplicity and reliability when it comes to various products,
x2... now that the kid has come along and I feel overextended, low maintenance and reliability are my mantra for everything! That's exactly why Fledge went under the torch for a makeover.
New baby... overextended, naw! :eating:

My younger sis has the second one on the way as if the first wasn't enough of a handful. :laugh:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,418 Posts
warsw said:
BLACK RUBI said:
You mentioned an RV park and that you live in central Oregon. We have an RV and may be up that way from central California. Do you have good wheelin' places around you? Could you tell me the name and general location please? Thanks.

Ed
Hi Ed, Our park is "Hidden Pines RV Park". We are located about 30 miles south of Bend out towards Wickiup Res. Our Address is:
52158 Elderberry Lane
La Pine OR. 97739

You can give me a call if you like (541) 536-2265 and I can give you a little more info about our Park and the area.

Thanks. Been up in that area. Nice! Kept the info and will be in touch come spring.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,782 Posts
I know it's only been a week, but how do you like it so far? How much room is in that extended cab? I'm really looking at these to replace my Tacoma:
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So far I like it OK. It has "GREAT" power, handles and rides really well, is super quite but, it is a little boring to drive. It has a lot of room in the Double Cab and I think it will do a great job pulling a trailer. It just doesn't have the same fun factor as driving the Jeep. I know I will have another Jeep someday but for now I think it will do a great job doing what I bought it for. One thing I really like. It is a big truck but it doesn't drive big. Does that make any sense? It just feels smaller when you are driving it.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top