Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard about the problems of the Rubi diff covers peeling back after scraping over rocks? I have heard of a couple of people who are sure that the Rubicon diff covers are thinner metal than the D30/D35s. Apparently there have been some cases so bad that people have unknowingly lost all the gear fluid and ended up with a seized axle. Ouch.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Just quite hitting them on the rocks.................LOL...

The Dodge truck 44 eh?......Is there any peticular year or is it any year?

And just for fun...........Why the Hell would there be different covers if the axles are made by the same company.........Sometimes I am just blown away with what some companys do.........

·
Registered
326 Posts
LILRDJP said:
Just quite hitting them on the rocks.................LOL...

The Dodge truck 44 eh?......Is there any peticular year or is it any year?
I don't know the year. The axle was sitting in a pile at the wrecker. The only way I know it was dodge is because that's what was written on the axle tube.

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
triver525 said:
Has anyone heard about the problems of the Rubi diff covers peeling back after scraping over rocks? I have heard of a couple of people who are sure that the Rubicon diff covers are thinner metal than the D30/D35s. Apparently there have been some cases so bad that people have unknowingly lost all the gear fluid and ended up with a seized axle. Ouch.
I seem to recall there was one incident described on the JU Rubicon forum where this happened. I'm sure that's been blown out of all reasonable proportion like the "Rubicons have phoney D44's on the front" issue.

You can peel virtually any stock cover if you land on it wrong. Get some diff guards and don't worry about it. Adventure4wd.com is selling the new Warns for $65 each w/free shipping.

Jerry

·
Registered
340 Posts
Brine...on JU was the unlucky guy this happened to.

·
Premium Member
3,745 Posts
For those of you looking for diff guards - I ordered mine from Adventure4wd.com last Thursday. They arrived today. Look good. More goodies to install this weekend. :D

Jerry

1 - 7 of 7 Posts