Rubicon Owners Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Been a while since I’ve posted. I have a few days off for the holidays so I was able to make some progress on the Jeep. Today I rebuilt all of the front control arms on Rubi. I forgot how much of a PITA realigning the control arm bolt holes is. I destroyed 4 cheap ratchet straps but got the job done. I took Rubi out for a drive after and she feels a lot tighter now. I also replaced a snap pin on the door surround on the drivers side for the soft top.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Soooo
Are you keeping it now?

Nope. Work & life changes make it the best choice to let her go. My work hours have been upped and I travel regularly to the point that Sundays just a cool down day. Rubi's a toy I won't be using. I've got 40+ years til I retire so I've got plenty of time to get another Jeep when it makes more sense. Sucks that I've had Rubi for such a short period of time, but at least I can say I owned her at one point and made her better than when I got her. Since I ordered rebuild kits before I decided to sell the Jeep I wanted to finish the job. No excuses. I'll be dropping the price again soon which blows. But, she needs to go. I need the extra funds for my new place that I'll be moving into early Feb. The home inspector I hired found a few issues that the current home owner has no interest in fixing and is being an ass about.

·
Super Moderator
2004 AiRubicon
4,869 Posts
With the way the housing market is, Sellers don't have to do anything because someone will buy it.

Good luck on all fronts.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.