Rubicon Owners Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
MILLS said:
Would it be alright to put "Rubicon Owners Forum" stickers on a lifted Unlimited thats not a Rubicon?
I think it's ok after you pay the small "Seapahn" fee. I accept paypal. :D

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Having an ROF sticker would mean that you support the forum! I think you should put one on everything :D

George

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I started out owning a 1992 YJ for 5 years and moved up to a 2004 Rubicon, had it for a year and a half, and wanted to have a little more room for trips and haul stuff to go off roading and build it up the way I wanted to. After driving a Unlimited, they do ride a little and drive better being a little longer wheel base. So far Ive got a 4" Superlift rockrunner lift, 33" Nitto's on stock wheels and Spidertrax spacers for now. More to come. I just wanted to let everyone know how great this site is and to ask me about it when I am out and about. Thanks for all your suport! So I did have a RUBICON when I joined this Forum and I still thinks its a great forum!

Mills

·
Registered
485 Posts
Personally, I'm still on Saturnfans and a Grand Am site. My Saturn has been gone for a year and never owned a GA.

Besides, just tell jeepn4life that you have a Rubi, and steal a pic from Elff. It's the in thing to do!!

Feel free to stay as long as you want. :D

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
Another ancient post dragged from the depths of the sea.
If putting a Rubicon Owners Forum sticker on a vehicle is wrong then everyone on the forum who do not own a Rubicon should ask for their account to be deleted.
I have no problem with the sticker on any vehicle.
As for suspected spammers joining the forum under the new forum software, I do have a problem.

·
3,430 Posts
Hey, I've never had a rubicon until we bought a rubicon gladiator last week...I made it over a decade with the forum as a non-qualifying member!

·
Administrator
10,770 Posts
Typical spammer profile - replying to an old thread, they are getting smarter trying to fly under the radar. He had a gmail address and a Google image search of his Avatar yielded no hits. I debated about banning him but too many things were suspicious.

·
Administrator
10,770 Posts
May even be the same person or group signing up. Bright as a box of red china rocks.
He had an IP address that hasn't been seen before by the forum app, I check for a shared IP address (or it gets flagged - I forgot.) I do think this is indicative of a coordinated activity, there's a clear pattern. The user -seems- legit and they reply to an old thread with some non technical reply.

·
1,482 Posts
I called them “Steal Me” stickers. When I went with an AEV hood, I left them off. Someone tried to steal mine from the mall, but for the sentry key. I really don’t care if anyone puts them on. My world was tipped when I saw a 4 door wrangler that was 2 wheel drive. I just focus on myself not being an illusion.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I live in San Antonio, but have KC Chiefs stickers on my LJR. I think you can put anything you like on your Jeep. Just don't try to sell it as a Rubi if it's not.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Are the KC Chief's going to change their name like the Redskins thanks to the cancel culture? :D
We recently moved from Missouri after living there for 20+ years. 99% couldn't care less about the name and aren't offended by it. Like many things, it's the vocal minority that gets all the media attention. I've stopped buying white bread until they rename it. It's just too painful to eat it knowing how the bread must feel being singled out like that in the bread isle. No breads labeled brown, yellow, or black are there. Just the sad white bread. I have to stop thinking of it or my day will be ruined by the trauma and emotional stress. Please join me in our fight to correct this injustice by sending $20.00 or more to........me. :)

Edit: I forgot to include a pic. What a noob!
IMG_3284.JPG

·
Administrator
10,770 Posts
LOL - good one! 😊 Several years ago there was some instigated phony outrage about the Florida State Seminoles. Someone had the brilliant idea (really) to ask the Seminole tribe what they thought - not only were they not offended they thought it was an honor.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts