Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the years, has there ever been an ROF event anywhere and would there be any interest?

·
Administrator
10,674 Posts
Mac used to organize ROF wheeling in Moab but the BLM started to crack down on organized groups, i.e., register and pay a fee per trail per vehicle (or something like that.) Our FMCA 4Wheelers (a national club) has paid two or three thousand bucks for running Moab trails during a week long event.

·
3,382 Posts
The Moab gatherings were great events. Lots of fun. Now that St George is also becoming a major wheeling location, maybe it could work as an ROF gathering.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Get Together

Hood River would be a bit far for a weekend.
Would be glad to meet in St. George. Just a 1 day drive from Montrose. I will watch for any dates that some members want to pick.
Many years ago a small group from AZ picked a week to meet in Ouray, CO. Had a great week. Wonder if any of them are still active?
thanks

·
Administrator
10,674 Posts
Welcome to MntrsJeep!

We used to spend a month every summer in the Montrose area (Centennial Campground south of Montrose) and that AZ group used to be there at the same time. I forgot where exactly where they were from or their club name.

St. George has some good wheeling, we were there for the first time about five years ago when wheeling was just getting going there. Having done most of the St. George trails and Moab, I still prefer Moab due to the abundance of slickrock and variety of wheeling. What I really enjoyed in St. George was playing in the dunes. St. George has an abundance of major shopping unlike Moab.

·
Administrator
15,101 Posts
Hood River would be a bit far for a weekend.
Would be glad to meet in St. George. Just a 1 day drive from Montrose. I will watch for any dates that some members want to pick.
Many years ago a small group from AZ picked a week to meet in Ouray, CO. Had a great week. Wonder if any of them are still active?
thanks
Welcome MntrsJeep

i would drive up to St. George for a day trip...
:wink2:

·
Premium Member
3,057 Posts
I need to move back out west.

My hood river weekend will be sans a jeep.

I will be in phoenix during the week before that. Travel is picking up again for work.

·
Premium Member
3,057 Posts
Canceled my trip due to possible snow

Driving up the gorge with snow wouldn’t be much fun in a rental car.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Late to the party, but I would be interested in a get together, I have been in the forum for years and have yet to meet anyone. Maybe something over a long weekend?
Oh, and if I get a vote somewhere close to AZ would be nice :)

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Long way for me to ride a bike. LOL or a Jeep. The farthest away my Jeep has been in the last few years is about 18 miles from home.
If this happens and you want to come, you are welcome to ride with me.

·
Premium Member
1,242 Posts
Sounds like this would be awesome except it's a long trip from Wisconsin.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts