Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
@ rockbuggy32

just to let you know that you're time is UP .

monday i will have news from you that all is ready en ok as we agreed or the story goes on here !
the story :

on 31/may/2007 i buy the bruiser buggy from kevin .

at that time i was on a competition in italy but i promised i would pay as soon as i get back, payment done with paypal on the 5 june 2007 !

on the 4 june kevin asked what i am going to do with the buggy and he can assist me in any way, he says he owns a 4x4 shop , i ask for some info about the bruiser and receive it , then kevin asks if he can make a qoute and he does .

the qoute to finisch the bruiser to a turn key = 41.700$ , a pto winch is not a problem !!

when i agree with his price

he then tells me
-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: kevin meyers [mailto:[email protected]]
Verzonden: dinsdag 24 juli 2007 18:03
Aan: Axel
Onderwerp: RE: bruiser 2 Est.

Axel,

I'm sorry. I'm very busy right now. I will start your buggy as soon as i get a commitment from you and the deposit. I require up front all money for ordering of parts and half down for labor.

Thanks,

Kevin
i reply :

Van: Axel
Verzonden: zaterdag 28 juli 2007 13:08
Aan: 'kevin meyers'
Onderwerp: RE: bruiser 2 Est.
Urgentie: Hoog

hello Kevin,

so just to be clear , you will build me the bruiser for the price you gave me

al extra parts that I ask for from now on you can charge me extra for.

then I have I little problem with the money , not that I don't have it but, don't take this the wrong way , I don't know you and this is a lot of money to send over to some buddy I never have see and don't really know. (I require up front all money for ordering of parts and half down for labor)
what would you suggest ?

for the picture's , I would like new front , rear , both side's front under to back and rear under to front , then the inside and from above the back where the winches will come and the rolcage from above.

axel
Verzonden: woensdag 22 augustus 2007 9:57
Aan: 'kevin meyers'
Onderwerp: RE: bruiser 2
Urgentie: Hoog

hello Kevin.

I did some checking and seems you have a good reputation , I also send a friend to take some more picture's of the rig but the address you gave me was a house and not a shop ?

I've been thinking about how I best handle this and this is the best I can do.

you send me over your swift code and bank details so I can send you money. ( ore I can pay pal it to you )
I will send you 15.000 $ so you can start with the engine, transition and transfer case and stuff, ones that's mounted in to the rig I will come visit you and have a look and talk about he details.

if this is ok by u I will make over the money as soon as I get your dank details.

if you decide not to do this because you don't feel good about this that's no problem and I have no hard feeling, just let me know.

axel
money was send then send

then there are hunderds of mails askin for update's and stuff , the build would take around 3 months !!

i don't know how i can get all these mails on the web jet but i am looking for a solution on that

his details :

this was his address last year

Kevin Meyers
10261 175th CT. N.W.
Elk River, Mn 55330
United States

[email:2bew44ef][email protected][/email:2bew44ef]

Xtremeoffroad products

10183 176th Ave. NW
Elk River MN 55330

shop number is 763-464-8172
my cell 763-464-5591
my fax 763-784-7115

this could be his new address

Kevin Meyers
12572 227th Ct.
Elk River Mn. 55330

his home town forum http://www.mn-jeep.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17257

pirate4x4 forum -> http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthre ... ost8504661

·
Registered
6,992 Posts
Here's another business with the same address and a new phone number:

Company: Investco Incorporated
Business Type: Mortgage Refinance
Street Number: 10183 176Th Ave Nw
City: Elk River
State: Minnesota
Zip Code: 55330
Phone: (763) 971-0137

Also..

Here's a picture of what may be him from Four Wheeler magazine truck challenge voting site:

http://www.fourwheeler.com/2006toptruckchallenge/129_0604_06ttc_2006_top_truck_voting/33_through_41.html

More as I find it...

More:

The new address that you listed was probably a new purchase:
12572 224th Ct Nw Elk River MN, 55330-8762 $464,900.00

Best thing I could recommend axel is to call the local authorities in Elk River to report him or have the friend who went and looked at it to make contact with him.....there is protection from Internet Fraud in the U.S.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Or you can get Pirate4x4 involved. When that boared gets behind you I almost feel
sorry for the guy that is doing the cheating....

·
Premium Member
4,946 Posts
Local authorities have been little help - they say Axel needs to report it to the Belgian authorities. :bs:
They've been giving me the run-around - one lawyer said they would do that and I should get a hold of
a lawyer who handles this sort of thing.

I've talked to several lawyers, one of whom specializes in international commerce, but
we had a hard time contacting him and now he's on vacation! :?

The first Axel got through to him was Friday, though, so maybe he will be back next week. (???)

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
that really sucks, axel. i hope you get it all worked out.
and a big thanks to shawn for going out of his way to help a fellow jeeper. wish i was closer so i could offer more than just sympathy.

·
Registered
764 Posts
Here the only address I found for Kevin Meyers in Elk River MN:

Unfortunately, no phone number. I'd say Pirate is a good place for something like this, there are guys I swear only read that forum to screw with guys like this nimrod.

KEVIN M MEYERS Born 1971
19433 ZANE ST NW
ELK RIVER, MN

·
Administrator
15,088 Posts
Axel...

sorry this has turned out poorly so far...
hope you get your moeny back or the buggy.

i checked tonight...found his "home number"
KEVIN M MEYERS
(763) 633-1016 <---number disconnected..no longer in service!
his shop number is also disconnected.

:roll:

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
totj said:
Or you can get Pirate4x4 involved. When that boared gets behind you I almost feel
sorry for the guy that is doing the cheating....
it's already on pirate , any other boards i can post it on, he's going to be famuse.

thanks mac and most of all thanks 3rivers .

now it's waiting for the lawyers response and getting the word out, seems also that the guys on the mn-jeep forum found the "stolen" engine, he has it listed on the craig list :cry:

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
somebody better flag the listing on craigs list and maybe report it
im pretty sure selling stolen property is still illegal

Axel, I hope things start looking up on this deal..

·
Registered
894 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Red Dog Leader said:
Just called the cell phone and he answered. Spoke to him and he said you can contact him at that number:

my cell 763-464-5591

thanks RDL for calling but i quit calling him, he always has a story ready, the bruiser should have been turnkey ready september last year.

i even found a shop in MN that was willing to go and pick up the bruiser on a sunday( only date kevin could fit it in) last minute kevin cancelled.

i stopped calling him in januari when he told me that there was a break in in his shop and they stool the engine,automatic, suspention and one axle , now he has the engine on the craig list !! ??

he is just a liar, i told him to pay me back everyting ( 29.000$) or deliver the buggy and pay back the deposit (15.000$)

he just keeps stalling !

·
Premium Member
2,929 Posts
the FBI investigates internet fraud and cyber crimes Try www.fbi.gov or

IC3 accepts online Internet crime complaints from either the person who believes they were defrauded or from a third party to the complainant. We can best process your complaint if we receive accurate and complete information from you. Therefore, we request that you provide the following information when filing a complaint:

Your name
Your mailing address
Your telephone number
The name, address, telephone number, and Web address, if available, of the individual or organization you believe defrauded you.
Specific details on how, why, and when you believe you were defrauded.
Any other relevant information you believe is necessary to support your complaint.

there is a link at the bottom of the page I got this from... the fbi.gov website

·
Administrator
15,088 Posts
Eric said:
the FBI investigates internet fraud and cyber crimes Try www.fbi.gov or

IC3 accepts online Internet crime complaints from either the person who believes they were defrauded or from a third party to the complainant. We can best process your complaint if we receive accurate and complete information from you. Therefore, we request that you provide the following information when filing a complaint:

Your name
Your mailing address
Your telephone number
The name, address, telephone number, and Web address, if available, of the individual or organization you believe defrauded you.
Specific details on how, why, and when you believe you were defrauded.
Any other relevant information you believe is necessary to support your complaint.

there is a link at the bottom of the page I got this from... the fbi.gov website

also..

if U.S.Mail was used they also will investigate if "Fraud" was involved.

·
Premium Member
6,088 Posts

I can take care of this for you.

I hope they ruin this idiots life. He's a jerk and needs to be dealt with, put out of business, and most important, needs to pay up.

·
Premium Member
4,946 Posts
bob1340 said:

I can take care of this for you.
Wow, Bob, you have such a great complexion, do you have any products you could recommend? :p

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.