Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.quadratec.com/products/12002_623_07.htm

I want a rock slider with NO STEP, just clean trim look. TJ Rubicon 2005 still almost stock.

Called Quadratec and was given the Catalog #: 12002.623 for A to Z Fabrication Rocker Guards for 97-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ.

As usual the installation instructions are not detailed, should say piss poor. The installation pic shows a different slider that attaches totally different. Whats with that A to Z Fab?

Anyway a question. What do you guys think? Will these do? If I get up on a rock is this going to protect the tub and will the slider bolts stay intact with this type of attachment?

Most use will be moderate trails nothing too radical and getting up on a rock will try to be avoided.

Edit: Contacted A to Z Fab on their web site. Waiting for a reply. Interesting that they show different rock guards on their site.
https://atozfabrication.com/atoz-fabrication-rocker-guards-for-jeep-wrangler-tj.html

·
Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Rokmen sliders, no step. Be sure and get the gasket that goes between the slider and tub.
Thanks John, I did look at this site based on your earlier recommendation. Problem is the information provided is very sketchy. The pic shows a tube that looks like a step. I can't find where I can get options.

I'll try and contact them to make sure. But sure would make it better if these manufactures would take the time to show clear install instructions and pics of what they are offering for sale. The videos show manufacturing not installing:(

Edit: called Rokmen and no answer, gave a message.

Edit #2: Jeff called me back from Rokmen. He answered my questions and I can get a slider without the step although he said it enhances the strength and helps deflects rocks. So now thinking on that. Also they are waiting on some manufacturing delays and may be several weeks before shipment and he requested I call back and to make the purchase next week so he can give me an exact shipping date.

·
Administrator
10,694 Posts
Glad you called them but I'm surprised they aren't shipping sooner than several weeks, yikes. I like the tube on the slider because it's a good strapping point and useful if people need to stand there to keep you from going over.

·
Premium Member
1,588 Posts
I have A to Z sliders. Very easy install and will take a likkin' and keep on tick in'. Mine have the square tube "step" if that's what you want to call it. Very useful sliding around rocks plus a nice tie off and jacking point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts