Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does a standard wrangler lift like the Rock Krawler 5.5 Long Arm kit work withj a Rubicon.... is the more pieces that come for a rubicon with the lift.... i know poeple have put RE lifts on them but i didnt know if they had to ad some things to the kit :? .... Ordering stuff tommorow ..... so help me out and let me know..... Only thing i am worried bout is messing with whatever worls my lockers :shock: ....... thanks

G

·
0 Posts
I called rockkrawler and they say it fits but you need a longer rear drive shaft. The guys i talked to were very nice and down to earth. I would give them a call.

Im on deploment now but when i get back i have one waiting on me :D :!: :black:

:D good luck :D :D Tony

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Craash too bad that I will be on deployment when you get back :) we are probably relieving you? :) Anyway glad to see one of the three I know of on base here. Gotta get the other one.

Justin

·
Premium Member
4,159 Posts
With Long Arm kits there are normally 2 issues to deal with.
1 is specific to 2003 jeeps
and 1 is specific to Rubicons

On the 2003 Jeeps, the T-Case and skid is about 2-3" closer to the rear bumper than on previous year Jeeps. If the Control Arms are attaching to something that is used for a T-Case skid like the RE one, then you have to make sure the Control arm in front are longer than a 2002 and earlier kit and the rears are shorter [I hope that makes sense]

The Rubicon specific thing is the height of the new T-Case which might necesitate a 1 or 2" BL if the long arm kit is also a tummy tucker.

The RE kit for Rubicons does not require a body lift and sits about 2" lower than 2002 or earlier RE long arm kits.

HTH

1 - 4 of 4 Posts