Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 TJ Rubicon
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weird question but I just noticed the lower portion of my right rear inner fender is essentially a flap... meaning it is flopping around and not attached to the main fender... just one trim screw at the bottom. Is this normal? I compared to the left side and that side's fender is one piece in that there is no "lower flap."

Can someone with stock flares (TJ) have a look and compare to this?:

How I found it. The trim screw holding it on is right in the center of the pic. Very dirty back there and a fair amount of wiring.

If I tuck it up here is what it looks like... but it doesn't stay in place:

·
1,576 Posts
I have an 04, but I can't help because I got tired of my fender liners and left them off. I'm not sure I suggest that because I get more road/tire noise entering the cab. What does your other side look like? My fender wells actually look a lot cleaner than yours being off, but again, the noise.

Reactions: Mouse

·
Administrator
10,919 Posts
I have GenRight corner armor, like Norm I pulled all of those liners and flaps out. It does seem odd your flap is only captured in one place.

·
Sarcastic Moderator
14,064 Posts
Mine seems to be one piece not 2 like yours, but there is a joint/bend where you have separation. Any chance the plastic cracked at the open area?

·
Registered
2004 TJ Rubicon
701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine seems to be one piece not 2 like yours, but there is a joint/bend where you have separation. Any chance the plastic cracked at the open area?
Yes that is what I'm thinking because my driver side is one piece... was just looking for confirmation the passenger side is supposed to be one piece as well - thanks.

I have an 04, but I can't help because I got tired of my fender liners and left them off. I'm not sure I suggest that because I get more road/tire noise entering the cab. What does your other side look like? My fender wells actually look a lot cleaner than yours being off, but again, the noise.
Interesting about noise. I already have the carpet out so wouldn't want to introduce any more noise. And yes, mine is very dirty - likely from having spent several years in the Florida mud! Seems a good opportunity to clean it up and try to figure out how to band aid back together.

·
Premium Member
1,341 Posts
Mine is all one piece too. Looks like yours was either cut for some reason, or just separated for some reason.

Punch some holes on either side and stitch it together with zip ties? Mine on both sides are mostly held on with zip ties anyway.

- DAA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts