Rubicon Owners Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
You guys ever run a T&J (Barnett)?

Doesn't look like it would be too difficult to come up with a reasonable facsimile.

Frank, you don't run aftermarket diff covers? Maybe I'm making more of this that there is. Just trying to learn from you fellas!

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts

Doesn't look like it would be too difficult to come up with a reasonable facsimile.

Frank, you don't run aftermarket diff covers? Maybe I'm making more of this that there is. Just trying to learn from you fellas!

Never had after market covers. Never needed to. Some may be in different circumstances and need them such as KofH,

I put a small dent in the front one once but the next time I had the cover off I just beat it out and reinstalled:grin2:

·
Premium Member
1,709 Posts

They are our cover of choice in the rocks. Reasonable price, never seen one fail, bolts on the lower section are fairly well protected, upper half has stock clearances for little risk of interference with steering bits, and they just work.

Not to pick on Frank but if he can make the Lube locker gaskets work, he isn't in the rocks as much as we are. We compress those gaskets and they don't always spring back and covers start weeping. I use Mopar gray RTV for gear oil and it is the best you can get for diff covers if you use RTV.

·
Premium Member
5,182 Posts
I feel so hurt with Blaine picking on me! >:)

No not really. Its all about sharing information. What works for some won't work for others and I don't take any of this stuff personal.

Besides Blaine wheels a lot harder than I do!:wink2:

21 - 27 of 27 Posts