Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am pretty sure that I am going to Rino line the tub , but I was wondering about having the underbody done. I heard on an add for rhino lining that the military lines the underside to aid in blast protection and puncture, and that some police departments line the doors to help prevent bullet pennetration.
Anyone have any thoughts or advice on Rhino line?
What kind of wieght would a rhino lining add?

·
Registered
336 Posts
It always seems to be a battle over weight....

My foavorite combination is to Rhino line the inside and then run catch all floor mats for that carpet look and feel. Its really nice to be able to take out the 'carpet' and just hose it off.

I don't know it I would do the underside...that might be a little bit too much weight for me. I bet the tub would last forever though!

·
Registered
89 Posts
"some police departments line the doors to help prevent bullet pennetration"

Sounds like some tough trails in your area :p

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
I dont think I would put rhino on the underbody of my JP.....it would be a PITA, second, it would look like crap eventually. There is some heavy duty bonding/anti rust stuff my buddy used on his jp that prevents rust and applys like paint. I would use somthing like that vs rhino. I rhino on my door entry ways and its great, but for the undebody IMHO I dont think it would be that good of an application b/c of the prep you ahve to do to your vehicle and the mess. I can see the crap dripping everywhere, clogging lines, getting where its not supposed to and really being a mess......Just my 2cents.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice concerning the underbody. Maybe it would be a good idea if the project was a total restoration of a basket case. I am going to line the inside and replace the carpets...when it dries!
Thanks

·
Registered
628 Posts
I used it on the floor and love it. Just come home and hose it out, rather than clean the carpets every time.

Adam

·
Registered
124 Posts
I must be an idiot, but why do some folks decide to recarpet after the liner? My main reason to get it would be to avoid carpets totally...

·
Registered
454 Posts
I would imagine that most people who put the carpets back in after Rhinolining would do it for heat protection. I have had first hand experience with the extreme heat eminating from the centre hump during the summer time. That is why DC puts a heat shield on the inside of the carpets.

·
Registered
124 Posts
triver525 said:
I would imagine that most people who put the carpets back in after Rhinolining would do it for heat protection. I have had first hand experience with the extreme heat eminating from the centre hump during the summer time. That is why DC puts a heat shield on the inside of the carpets.
I thought that the Rhino would buffer heat - anyone with Rhino + heat experience want to to weigh in?

·
Premium Member
3,342 Posts
It will help alittle with the heat but it's a good idea to have some mats too, especially in the summer.

I would like to sell you on linex tho. Many applications I have seen with the Rhino start to flake whereas I have yet to see line X flake. It does depend on how thick you lay it on, but I have personally been sold on line X's product. Just my 2 cents

·
Registered
340 Posts
I agree w/the above statement about rhino linnings.

Go Linex.Linex was the original military application for ballistics.

Some heat protection,should still use floor mats.

I have linex my tub/fender flares/nerfs/diff gaurds.

Wash out tub w/hose.Fender flares will never chalk agian.Nerfs slid on rocks w/out peeling off.Have peeled some off of my diff gaurds w/giant rock.You'll have that.

·
Registered
536 Posts
that looks really good, unless i find someone to do that in germany I'll have to wait until i get back to the US to do it. thanks for the pic

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rhino Line

Looks great.

Something I'm considering doing later on

Brian

1 - 14 of 14 Posts