Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strangest thing happened yesterday that never happened to me before. I took off fast, shifted to second and I guess I got distracted and forgot to shift to third when all of a sudden the Jeep felt like I hit a wall. It caught my attention so I shifted quickly to third. I wasn't watching the tach so I can't tell you what the RPM's were doing.
Is there a limiter I hit that I never had before?

·
3,384 Posts
Definitely could be the rev limiter. Theres been many times I've hit it climbing difficult obstacles. Usually that's when I have the thought that V8 power would be nice right now...

·
Premium Member
1,327 Posts
Not sure where the limiter kicks in, but it's higher than 4,000. I take mine up to a bit over 4,000 every time I get on the interstate and it doesn't bounce. Have hit the 90-something limit once or twice too though.

- DAA

B

·
0 Posts
I have Syked tuning software and can display about any parameter. The factory settings for my '04 auto has fuel cut at 5300 rpm or 92 mph.

·
Administrator
10,684 Posts
I have Syked tuning software and can display about any parameter. The factory settings for my '04 auto has fuel cut at 5300 rpm or 92 mph.
Interesting, I have a Diablo scan tool and a custom tune for my supercharged I6, I wonder if I can change that fuel cut RPM from 4,000 rpm. The '05/'06 PCM are different from the '03/'04s - could make a difference.

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for answering my question and confirming I probably hit some sort of limiter... as I said I wasn't watching my tach when it happened.
However, in regards to the discussion, I know I've been above 4K RPM before many times. As far as 5K... I don't know. On mine the redline in the tach starts at 5K.

B

·
0 Posts
Interesting, I have a Diablo scan tool and a custom tune for my supercharged I6, I wonder if I can change that fuel cut RPM from 4,000 rpm. The '05/'06 PCM are different from the '03/'04s - could make a difference.
Your tune may be limited because of the supercharger. Depending on SC displacement and pulley setup, boost could get too high as rpm goes past 4000. It would boost low rpm torque though. HP Tuners would give you full control of your PCM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts