Rubicon Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey dose anyone have any of those rear window straps that hold up your soft top rear window when u roll it up? I think I may have accidently thrown mine away when I installed the soft top or it didnt come with them. Thought somebody might have an old soft top laying around maby....Let me know if you can help.
Pete M

·
Registered
189 Posts
Pete, mine came in the glovebox. I don't think they are as useful as they should be. The center of my rear window hangs down more than I would like. My YJ had better support than these ones. I've been trying to unzip the rear window and take it off, but it seems that with the double zippers it can't be done. I know it can, but at this moment I am clueless as to how.

G

·
0 Posts
Run both zippers all the way down to the bottom on the drivers side. The rear window zipper then pulls up and out of them. My straps are worthless, they hold the window right down in the middle of your view. The older straps were better.

Ron

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RubiTJ said:
Pete, mine came in the glovebox. I don't think they are as useful as they should be. The center of my rear window hangs down more than I would like. My YJ had better support than these ones. I've been trying to unzip the rear window and take it off, but it seems that with the double zippers it can't be done. I know it can, but at this moment I am clueless as to how.
Did you have duel tops?
Pete M

·
Registered
340 Posts
I can get my rear window off no problem...It getting it back on that is hard. Reaching in to get the zipper started takes me 15 min of [email protected]#$#@$

·
Registered
499 Posts
I have a fix for the rolled window haning too low. When I get 2 minutes I'm going to sew across the straps to make them about 4" shorter, this will hold the window higher. My rear window comes off no problem but why bother if you can shorten the straps.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Here is an even esier fix. Just wrap the strap around the soft top bow once to make it shorter. Works great though sewing would be the best fix! I'm not so handy with a needle so I opt for the lazy mans fix it in this case. It rarely comes off and if it does it is a 2 sec fix to get it back up there. I do suggest taking the back vertical flaps off (as if your taking down the top) to do it as it saves on the fingers.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Pete, I've got a new set i can send ya, Just let me know.and I won't even charge you .01.

Mo
PS may take a few days but they're your if ya want em.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
The problem isn't the loop being low, its the snap end being long. Having had my window fall twice now, I am betting this was design specifically for you to wrap around the bow once. So, maybe we just have it all installed wrong :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rubicon it said:
Pete, I've got a new set i can send ya, Just let me know.and I won't even charge you .01.

Mo
PS may take a few days but they're your if ya want em.
Thanks I sent u a email with my address...this is why i love this forum...its not just a bunch of people with jeeps posting questions...people honestly try to help each other out.
PeteM

·
Registered
147 Posts
I know the feeling. I just wished some we're closer to me. Glad I can help.

Mo

PS I got yer PM. it'll be going out in Tues. mail.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Vulcan said:
I can get my rear window off no problem...It getting it back on that is hard. Reaching in to get the zipper started takes me 15 min of [email protected]#$#@$
Take out the first part of the soft top corner. The corner plastic is split unlike my previous TJ and it makes it much easier to get your fingers in there to work at it. Take me no time at all now.

Sean

·
Registered
147 Posts
K pete I'll forwarn ya now :roll: I found the straps but lets say i let my son 2y.o play with them and we went wheelin the same day and they are just a tad dusty so I'm gunna clean em up. And I known ya don't want the ones from the Rubi they are about 100x worse LOL anyway I don't know how long it'll take to get there but I'm in Oregon so I would say round a week?

Mo

·
Registered
556 Posts
Take out the first part of the soft top corner. The corner plastic is split unlike my previous TJ and it makes it much easier to get your fingers in there to work at it. Take me no time at all now.
So thats why those are like that. I thought it was DC saving a few pennies on plastic?!?!?! Awsome tip!!!!!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I don't use the straps anymore since I have a place I can store the back window I had a aluminum security box made that covers the whole back seat area then I mounted a luggage rack on top but left a good 6" of space between the two to store soft doors and windows but when I used them I had the same problem the rolled up window would hang down too low so I looped the strap around twice by putting a half twist in it after the first loop was on like you would do with a rubber band if you want it tight around something, this did help but it would still hang down further than I wanted it.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I found that hanging the window made it harder to avoid the scratches so I zip mine down .Then role it down and store it between the roll bar and the rear gate. For some reason it seems to save from scratches.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I need a picture to see what you are talking about....

·
Registered
559 Posts
I too think the straps suck it blocks the rear view mirror. I found wrapping the strap around the window twice (like s rubber band around a newspaper) holds the window high enough to see clearly through the back now.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
My spare tire blocks my rear window so I really don't notice the window blocking my view... :wink:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts