Rubicon Owners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 04 Rubi has 35" tires and 4" lift. I noticed that when I go past 60 mph the rear view mirror starts vibrating but the steering wheel is not. If I grab the mirror the vibration stops. I just had the tires rotated and balanced but still have the vibrations. Could this be due to a rear pinion angle?

·
Super Moderator
3,374 Posts
many variables here. first, what kind of tires? I had some Nitto MG one time, loved those tires. But they could give you a good vibration also. But yes, also pinion angle, driveshaft harmonics, I suppose you could have a case all the way into an axle. But I think if it were anything like that you would have already had some other issues. But one thing at a time.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
many variables here. first, what kind of tires? I had some Nitto MG one time, loved those tires. But they could give you a good vibration also. But yes, also pinion angle, driveshaft harmonics, I suppose you could have a case all the way into an axle. But I think if it were anything like that you would have already had some other issues. But one thing at a time.
I have the 35" Nitto Terra Grappler All Terrain tires. I am going back to Discount Tires tomorrow to the the rear tires road force balanced again.

·
Super Moderator
2,488 Posts
I would think tire balance issues would go to your steering wheel first. Do you have vibration at any lower speed that goes away and comes back at 60 mph +? If I remember a Tom Woods point correctly, vibration up at 60 mph alone points to the driveshaft balance. Have you ever removed it?

Do you have a light bar that’s doing things with the wind?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts